INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grace Radio - can't use radio after use as DLNA  (Read 1542 times)

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
Grace Radio - can't use radio after use as DLNA
« on: July 28, 2014, 10:54:54 am »

Not sure much can be done about this but here it is.

I found out that a wireless Grace Radio that I have upstairs can be used as a DLNA with JRiver. It's of little importance to the way we use music in the house, but I did test it and it works great. Unfortunately, once I stop the JRiver music, the whole unit remains "hijacked" and no amount of button pushing can "disconnect" it from its DLNA state. All that can be done is unplug and replug it if we want to use it as a radio again. It's an old unit, but I thought I'd ask ...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Grace Radio - can't use radio after use as DLNA
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:51:51 pm »

Try stop, not pause.

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 05:34:21 pm »

I had tried that already, but now tried again from the server (using stop and also clearing the cue) and it still doesn't work

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 07:54:41 pm »

I had tried that already, but now tried again from the server (using stop and also clearing the cue) and it still doesn't work

If just clearing the playlist doesn't work, you could try something even more drastic such as trying to push something to it that if definitely cannot play, such as a photo. This might shock the player enough to reset it. No guarantees though.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 11:56:20 am »

Great idea! ... but ... didn't work. I also messed up with the DLNA settings that deal with transport, and no joy there. Let's just say it's an old unit ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up