INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Expression column over multiple songs  (Read 783 times)

ripp

• Recent member
Expression column over multiple songs
« on: July 29, 2014, 03:42:32 pm »

Hello,

I stumbeled upon JRiver media center. I am looking something for my dj-ing needs and this looks quite promising. I found Expression column option in playing list and I have one wish.

Let say we have a few songs on playlist:

1. Title 1 - Artist 1
2. Title 2 - Artist 3
3. Title 1 - Artist 2
4. Title 1 - Artist 1

I would like to somehow found out for each song:
- was this particular file all ready played in this session? I can probably do this with: compare(math(now()-[Last Played, 0]), <, 1)
- was this song title all ready played in this session? I would somehow need list of all played songs and compare fields with current

the final idea is to get some warning at 3rd song that this title was all ready played and ad 4th song that this song was all ready played

Do you have any idea if this is possible?

tnx

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Expression column over multiple songs
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 02:10:48 am »

Define 'session'

For the second part I think you'll need to use variables to capture all song titles played during the current 'session' so that you can then flag them in the expression column.  Create a smartlist with the rules:

[=save(0,var_title_played[name])1]=1 [Last Played]=<1d [=save(1,var_title_played[name],1)]=1

You would change the [last played] comparison to be whatever your 'session' length is.

Then in your playlist call the smartlist to set the variables.

You could then put

load(var_title_played[name])

Into the expression column and it would put a 1 against all tracks with same title played during the session.

Problems:

If the track name has extra text on it, eg (12" remix), (radio edit), whatever, then the matches won't be made.  You'd need further logic to clean up track names to isolate the actual title minus the postfixes.

MC doesn't auto-refresh after tracks are played so you would need to refresh the results each time a track is played to keep the tracking up to date.

Pages: [1]   Go Up