INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 228844 times)

Fabith

• Recent member
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #350 on: August 11, 2014, 05:16:51 pm »

Special audio output for headphones in audio of movies  ¿?

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #351 on: August 12, 2014, 03:52:49 am »

Next build of MC20:
Changed: Right-click on the stop player button gives a menu with stop and stop after current file.

Nice, Thank you :)

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2014, 05:12:55 am »

Just reposting my two ideas again here.

Slideshow in standard view that's easy to access and using optional rotated reflection effect based off current playing album, track folder,
or sub folders.  From right click context menu.  (I use standard view)

To have an easy to access slideshow based off the currently playing album folder and sub folders.  Accessed from the right click context menu that you can change the album art to show the rotated reflection.   A slide show using the cool rotated with reflection cover art image effect.  Options right there in the right click context menu to use album folder, and or sub folders like 'cover art' 'images' etc.  

As the track changes, so would the slideshow to which ever new album folder is next in the playlist,  same transitions options as the rotated reflection effect.  When using the rotated reflection effect in the slideshow the effect could have a quality setting (quick, normal, high quality)

Pop out (mouse over) wide scroll bar for bottom playlist - adjustable width.

Pop out wide playlist scroll bars.   The right side playlist scroll bar is tiny,  and I like wide scroll bars.  so how about when you mouse over the scroll bar it pops out to a much wider version (adjustable width in settings),  you scroll, and then when mouse off it returns to the tiny thin scroll bar.  

Also options to disable this pop out effect if the user wanted.  Then it would suit all tastes when it comes to scroll bars.

These two things would make J River my perfect music player. I love wide scroll bars on my large TV/computer screen.  And every time I look at the single album cover art in the rotated reflection effect I really wish it was a slide show, set up from the same place the rotated effect is. Easy.

Jim replied before:

Yes.  2 is a good idea.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2014, 06:54:51 am »

Just one small item.

Right click on a thumbnail and open up the original jpg in full screen

John

nickvaf

• Recent member
« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2014, 07:08:15 pm »

This feature may exist and if so I'd appreciate instructions on how to make this work since I think this would be a great addition!

Basically if I'm visiting someone's house and am on their wifi network, I'd like to be able to interface with their DLNA devices.  For instance when using the iPad and connecting to my server at home using my WAN IP (but on someone else's network), I'd like to be able to see their DLNA devices so I can push my media to their sound system.  Likewise if I was using my laptop at their house, I'd like to be able to see their DLNA devices (like bluray player to push audio) as a zone.  Is this possible?  Thanks!

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2014, 07:33:47 pm »

Special audio output for headphones in audio of movies  ¿?
Special in what way ?

John57

• Recent member
« Reply #356 on: August 13, 2014, 12:28:50 am »

Investigate creating custom views.  Create a category view with Composer as the top level item, then the next level will be Album.

I wanted to say again, thanks. sorry for the rant

pge

• Recent member
« Reply #357 on: August 13, 2014, 08:10:21 am »

Would like to have MDAPI and/or Common Interface-support for the various DVB-standards. That would make it possible to watch encrypted channels here in Europe.

+1

What is a media center without TV?

Most of NW Europe uses DVB-C with encrypted channels. So this is a must!
And why is this so hard, where others succeed in implementing this, like DVBViewer (which ships with many TV-cards), DVBLogic products and MediaPortal?? We still need a smartcard with a subscription, so I do not mean any illegal solutions. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #358 on: August 13, 2014, 08:59:23 am »

Just one small item.

Right click on a thumbnail and open up the original jpg in full screen

John

This is there.

Right-click > Cover Art > View (first file)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #359 on: August 13, 2014, 09:09:00 am »

I'd like to see an expression like is isdrivemissing() rather than ismissing(), my reasoning detailed here,http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90630.msg622524#msg622524

If it logically works much faster than ismissing(), it would be really useful in theatre view.

Thanks

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added the expression IsDriveMissing to test a drive for existence.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #360 on: August 13, 2014, 09:30:56 am »

Will MC 20 fix the most puzzling and annoying feature in MC 19 where my albums randomly go out of order? You know, where I have to go in and "update order"? This is such a great program otherwise, but it seems odd that in 2014 something can't count in order. If this is fixed in mc 20 I will buy right away

That's not normal.  Please start a thread with details and we'll investigate.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #361 on: August 13, 2014, 09:36:44 am »

I post this every new version, but *PLEASE* can you enable mouseover description for files other than videos?

I've got all my audiobooks tagged nicely with description, but this still doesn't work...

Matt???

-Leezer-

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Description is shown in the tooltip if it's not empty.

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
« Reply #362 on: August 13, 2014, 10:14:45 am »

This is there.

Right-click > Cover Art > View (first file)

Matt, many thanks for the response. This has never worked for me: I have always assumed because all my cover art is stored in an external folder.
Message is             Playback Problem
                 Something went wrong with playback.
                                Details:
                 The media type Image’ is not supported.

If this is a problem should I repost in the correct area?

John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #363 on: August 13, 2014, 10:30:50 am »

Matt, many thanks for the response. This has never worked for me: I have always assumed because all my cover art is stored in an external folder.
Message is             Playback Problem
                 Something went wrong with playback.
                                Details:
                 The media type Image’ is not supported.

If this is a problem should I repost in the correct area?

John

Do you have image support disabled in Options > Features?

Maybe start a thread if that's not it.

zzdpmjpr

• Recent member
« Reply #364 on: August 13, 2014, 11:14:24 am »

Do you have image support disabled in Options > Features?

Maybe start a thread if that's not it.

Yup, that was it. Apologies for clogging up Feature requests.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #365 on: August 13, 2014, 11:17:35 am »

Most players that I have used in the past included a disk eject button. I maybe missing something but I can't locate eject any where in the pull-down menus. I know that it may not be a popular function but if there were an option to included "eject" under the player menu, I would love JRiver Media Center even more than I do now. Thanks for all the other great functions & features...it's the best player I have ever used. :)

Right-click a drive in the tree and eject will be listed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #366 on: August 13, 2014, 12:27:26 pm »

Hi -

My requests
  • Ability to set independent start-up volumes for each zone

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added a startup volume option for each zone.

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
« Reply #367 on: August 13, 2014, 12:39:31 pm »

I would LOVE to see a built in function to print the album inventory in PDF.
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #368 on: August 13, 2014, 12:52:53 pm »

1)
An "Import / Export" button in 'Tag On Import' so expressions and sets of expressions can be copied like in 'Set Rules For File Display'

2)
Hide zones.
Add the ability to hide zones that users don't want to see all the time.
With this option users could have zones for each PC, so after restoring a library to a different PC no new zones need made.
They just have to hide the ones they don't want and show the ones for the current PC.
It would also be usefull for zones used for testing, troubleshooting, etc that you don't want cluttering up the interface.

Grape Ape

• Recent member
« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2014, 03:52:27 pm »

My only feature request is for Theatre view to not look like it was designed in 2008...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #370 on: August 13, 2014, 04:03:57 pm »

I'd like the ability to shuffle the order on only a selected part of a playlist.  For example, leave a whole album at the top and shuffle everything following.  Currently even with only part of the playlist "selected" pressing shuffle mixes the whole thing.  Much thanks for a great player.

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added 'Shuffle Selection' to playlist and Playing Now right-click menus.

candycane

• Recent member
« Reply #371 on: August 13, 2014, 06:35:18 pm »

I apologize if this has already been dealt with and I screwed up finding the relevant solution or rejection to any or all of my requests, but I'd like 3 things for audio playback:
 - permanent local storage of online images downloaded from online sources
 - download, locally store and cycle display in Theater View images for all values of multi-value tag fields for composer, conductor, artist, album artist
    - multi-value separators as defined by Vorbis Commments for flac and ID3V2.3 for mp3, or whatever you require as long as you document what you require (hint: mp3tag, foobar2000 and dbpoweramp seem largely compatible concerning multi-value tag fields at this point, so following those conventions would be cool :), or if not compatible for your needs, the these three entities seem to be the key non-Apple players to work out a deal on a unified solution that works for all)
 - also integrate into the cycling display of images in Theater View my collection of images for composers, conductors, artists and album artists
     - If I need to move my collection of images into JRiver's local folders, that's OK as long as I know what I need to do

Part of the concern for wanting permanent local storage of downloaded images is last.fm's duplicitous move to severely restrict access to user-uploaded images per http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Services/forum/21604/_/2216689.  This smells like a Gracenote move taking over CDDB, and that's not a compliment, especially since users like me smelled a deprecation effort that was claimed to be just a documentation issue per http://www.last.fm/group/Last.fm+Web+Services/forum/21604/_/626352.  I expect access to online images to only get more and more restricted as the best online image sources are gradually taken over by "more commercially-oriented" concerns.

The best I could find on my feature requests were the following links, but if these aspects have already been solved or rejected please let me know or move this to a different thread  - I don't want to pollute or clutter the MC20 feature request thread.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76802.0
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65610.0

edit: again, I apologize if this has already been dealt with, but in addition to the above it would help adding user-configurable entries for minimum pixel width and minimum aspect ratio for displayed and downloaded online images for theater view.

locust

« Reply #372 on: August 13, 2014, 06:43:17 pm »

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added the expression IsDriveMissing to test a drive for existence.

Thanks Matt :)

dean70

« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2014, 07:17:15 pm »

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added a startup volume option for each zone.

:) Does this also mean you can have a default volume other than 20% with volume protection enabled?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #374 on: August 13, 2014, 07:36:01 pm »

:) Does this also mean you can have a default volume other than 20% with volume protection enabled?

Yes.  I'm not sure if the code that's there sets the volume before or after the 20%, but if it's before just report it as a bug and we'll fix it.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #375 on: August 13, 2014, 07:41:01 pm »

Most players that I have used in the past included a disk eject button. I maybe missing something but I can't locate eject any where in the pull-down menus. I know that it may not be a popular function but if there were an option to included "eject" under the player menu, I would love JRiver Media Center even more than I do now. Thanks for all the other great functions & features...it's the best player I have ever used. :)

Right-click a drive in the tree and eject will be listed.

I see that this is achieved using the Core Command "MCC_TREE_EJECT", which will eject the optical drive if it is closed, but do nothing if it is open.

Could a "MCC_TREE_CLOSE" command be added, or perhaps the command changed to toggle the optical drive open or close, based on its current state?

That would be great if possible, but what would be even better would be if it could be programmed into a Custom Buttom on my Logitech remote. But that is a topic for another thread, when I have time to write up the issues around programming remotes in MC.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

packux

• Recent member
« Reply #376 on: August 14, 2014, 01:07:13 am »

Another feature request that just popped in my mind:

The possibility to route external sources via JRiver. For example, I currently own a lio-8 which I use also as a turntable pre-amp. I am also using some of MH Lio-8 capabilities for DSP, however I would prefer to have all DSP configurations in one place (i.e. JRiver).

I understand Accurate offers a similar facility and I also have though of using Jack, however it starts to get complex very fast.

So ideally, a signal chain would be Turntable->digital interface->Routing Engine->JRiver DSP->DAC->Amp->Speakers

packux

• Recent member
« Reply #377 on: August 14, 2014, 01:16:34 am »

And another one, which would be usable for quickly hacking utilities: provision of a REST based API for querying JRiver database. It would become extremely handy, as it would allow some of us to quickly hack automations for tasks such as subtitle download or allow us to integrate our JRiver database into some advanced analytic tools (e.g. Apache Solr).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #378 on: August 14, 2014, 07:08:17 am »

And another one, which would be usable for quickly hacking utilities: provision of a REST based API for querying JRiver database. It would become extremely handy, as it would allow some of us to quickly hack automations for tasks such as subtitle download or allow us to integrate our JRiver database into some advanced analytic tools (e.g. Apache Solr).
On the DevZone, take a look at MCWS.  It's REST based and probably does what you need.

pitzaman

• Recent member
« Reply #379 on: August 14, 2014, 08:37:13 am »

Subtitles
When the movie dimensions are different than the screen resolution, please add the ability to place the subtitles in the black bars at the botton of the screen.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #380 on: August 14, 2014, 09:29:30 am »

The possibility to route external sources via JRiver. For example, I currently own a lio-8 which I use also as a turntable pre-amp. I am also using some of MH Lio-8 capabilities for DSP, however I would prefer to have all DSP configurations in one place (i.e. JRiver).
This capability was released in V18 with the ASIO Line-In found in File > Open Live. Some audio device ASIO drivers won't allow MC to access both the inputs and outputs at the same time, though.

ypomoni

• Recent member
« Reply #381 on: August 14, 2014, 01:21:41 pm »

my feature requests :

the ability of using mute button to mute the digital signal when using external dac, we can't use volume but mute will be nice

a true synchronisation function for android, because the MC19 one isn't good at all and doest not work as it should

some new official skins and vizualisations

a empowered gizmo android app : make an effort for the skin... and a better ergonomy

and thank you for your work,
High Res Music Only ! JRiver MC 23 - Qobuz - Asus Z97I plus - Yamaha DTS 24bits 96KHz - Windows 10 64bits

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #382 on: August 14, 2014, 04:41:32 pm »

Have the option "Locate Artist" in theater view too as we have in normal view. Plllleeeeze  :D :) :) :)

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #383 on: August 14, 2014, 04:45:20 pm »

Make the search input box wider (or scalable by dragging edge?)
+
add "history" to it (previous searches drop down like in Windows search box)

Please  :)

TenTonnesofDoug

• Recent member
« Reply #384 on: August 15, 2014, 04:18:10 am »

Hi,

Just thought of something else... After setting up a new library by using auto import, the 'recent albums' view lists the most recent content as being the order of how the files were added as part of the scan through sub directories. Obviously this order is fairly arbitrary.

Is it possible (at least for the first 'bulk' auto import) for the recent albums to (by default) pick up something more reasonably reflective of their age, such as the file system 'created' or 'modified' date flags? Obviously subsequent refreshes of the auto import would default back to the normal existing behaviour for new content that's added to the library.

TenTonnesofDoug

• Recent member
« Reply #385 on: August 15, 2014, 07:12:13 am »

And another thing...

How awesome would it be if you could send audio to MC using bluetooth? If it took control over the OS's bluetooth stack and could then behave like a dedicated bluetooth audio system? (or something similar that makes proper technical sense)

As part of my HiFi I have a seperate blueooth receiver which connects to an analogue phono input. Seeing as the HTPC (Intel NUC) that I'm running JRriver on also has bluetooth, why can't I just connect directly to that and then be able to use all the familiar JRiver control interfaces to control playback, much like the way you can with a modern car stereo?

MikeThin

« Reply #386 on: August 15, 2014, 08:03:08 am »

Minor request - Ability to LOCK selected tabs in standard view. Eg So that I can always have 'Artists', 'Playing now',etc tabs open without me accidentally changing them.

Also DSP as a tab rather than a pop up window would be extra nice.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #387 on: August 15, 2014, 09:35:48 am »

Hide zones.
Add the ability to hide zones that users don't want to see all the time.
With this option users could have zones for each PC, so after restoring a library to a different PC no new zones need made.
They just have to hide the ones they don't want and show the ones for the current PC.
It would also be usefull for zones used for testing, troubleshooting, etc that you don't want cluttering up the interface.

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added the ability to show and hide zones (right-click the zone in the tree).

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
« Reply #388 on: August 15, 2014, 10:58:55 am »

I'd like to request in MC 20:

• 1. Prevent the Windows Terminate Non-Responsive program intervention prompt for MC when AutoImport = ON and a change is made in "Manage Library Fields".  If a change is made in "Manage Library Fields" then AutoImport needs to be disabled during the update/change process.

• 2. The "Rename, Move & Copy Files" dialog really could a basic filter option to prevent from displaying files which have the column "New" = "<no change>' which could be toggled. It would be beneficial to see only the files which would be modified rather than traverse a potentially long list of non-changing files for only a few that might be modified.

• 3. "Manage Library Fields" having an additional field which can be toggled to prevent the a field from being displayed in the Column drop-down lists. Why? There are just some fields which there is no desire to be added to the column view and reduces the long list of items which is just clutter.

• 4. Dropdown lists (such as Customize View) would be great to have the selected fields collected at the top of the list rather than having to scroll through the list to locate.

• 5. Requested the views in "Audio" display an icon showing (the same for all) any file which is in the Playing Now list and an icon (the icon used in the Playing Now) showing the current track playing. Currently only the currently playing file is displayed in bold. Seems like a modern feature. I'd modify it myself but I'm unaware of how a small static icon could be displayed.

• 6. If the right-mouse popup on any item had the ability to display at the top the last two (or perhaps more, user defined) items rather than the current one.

• 7. Ability to PIN the "open" have retain Expanded items in the TreeView: "Playing Now", "Audio", "Images", "Video", "Podcasts", "Playlists", etc.
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #389 on: August 15, 2014, 02:02:25 pm »

• 6. If the right-mouse popup on any item had the ability to display at the top the last two (or perhaps more, user defined) items rather than the current one.
You can set this today.  Options > Tree & View > Right click recent command count

Ramona60

• Recent member
« Reply #390 on: August 15, 2014, 02:02:46 pm »

+1 for the DSP options on DLNA

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
« Reply #391 on: August 15, 2014, 02:22:40 pm »

You can set this today.  Options > Tree & View > Right click recent command count

I must have missed it. Thanks Matt! This is a very slick workflow enhancement ability. I'm very happy.
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #392 on: August 15, 2014, 03:25:58 pm »

Have the option "Locate Artist" in theater view too as we have in normal view. Plllleeeeze  :D :) :) :)

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added a 'Find Artist' menu selection in Theater View for files to show a full list of all files by the artist.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #393 on: August 15, 2014, 04:55:26 pm »

It's good to have you back, Matt.

Any hope for DSP functions for DLNA output? I want to crank up the bass on my Raspberry Pi Box!

Good luck with the MC 20 launch!

« Reply #394 on: August 15, 2014, 09:57:09 pm »

The field [Compression] returns values like "mkv video (video: AVC1, audio: DTS-HD)"
It would be useful if there was some way to only display the video codec and audio codec.

E.g.
compression(,0) for audio and video;  Audio: DTS-HD, Video: AVC1
compression(,1) for audio codec;  DTS-HD
and compression(,2) for video codec;  AVC1

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #395 on: August 15, 2014, 10:05:17 pm »

Any hope for DSP functions for DLNA output? I want to crank up the bass on my Raspberry Pi Box!

I hope for this too.  We need to work on Bob, the DLNA wizard.

« Reply #396 on: August 16, 2014, 05:38:24 am »

Must ListCombine() be limited to combining two items, or would it be possible to combine multiple lists in a single expression?

It can get pretty ridiculous: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91109.msg626259#msg626259

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
« Reply #397 on: August 16, 2014, 12:09:36 pm »

SMART CAPITALIZATION - only thing missing from the current "Clean Properties" drop down.

This would keep any already capitalized letter in that state.

For instance:

Sarah McLachlan
Album Title} - EP
Ninja Tune XX
etc.

Tom

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
« Reply #398 on: August 16, 2014, 12:20:37 pm »

Forgot to add that it would Capitalize the First letter of every word, but also keep any other capitalized letter in that state.l

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #399 on: August 16, 2014, 03:15:07 pm »

SMART CAPITALIZATION - only thing missing from the current "Clean Properties" drop down.

This would keep any already capitalized letter in that state.

For instance:

Sarah McLachlan
Album Title} - EP
Ninja Tune XX
etc.

Tom

Clean File Properties already has the ability to specify capitalization.  I'm not clear what you're asking for that is different.  Could you describe in more detail?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 15   Go Up