INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: Real-Time DSD Output: Ending of SD Tracks Truncated if Next Track is HD  (Read 1738 times)

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile

I'm using Real-Time DSD Output in version 19.0.158. I've tried DSDx1 and DSDx2 via DoP and ASIO and gotten the same results.

The last few seconds of a CD quality (flac) track are not played if the following track in Playing Now is either high definition PCM (I've tried 24 bit-192kHz) or DSD (DSF).

On songs where the music fades before the truncation occurs, the issue isn't audible. In other cases, the music is interrupted, and it sounds like the final seconds are played in a fraction of a second - at high speed. Maybe the end of the track is being flushed from a buffer. But either way, it's clear to see that the clock never counts all of the way to the end of the song and the progress bar never gets to 100%.

It appears that the length of the truncation may be equal to the number of seconds that have been selected for Prebuffering in the Playback Options dialog. I've just seen a truncation that was much longer than the Prebuffering time.

In my system, this behavior happens 100% of the time.

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe

I see the same issue when switching from flac to mp3...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Does toggling "Play from memory" make any difference?  Another thread reports problems with that enabled, so I'm just wondering.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile

Toggling "Play from memory" has no impact in the issue. Nor does the DSD upsampling, I've found. The truncation still happens when the Output Format is set to "None".

With the latest version, transitions between songs of different bit or sampling rates aren't smooth, at least on my system.

Especially when going from a lower rate to a higher one, the ending of the first song is truncated - usually by about 5-8 seconds. The clock, progress bar and music all stop before they should. Also, about a second or so of the next song is sometimes shaved off, but that doesn't happen every time.

larryrup

• World Citizen

Glad I read this.  I do not have/play DSD but the majority of songs truncate near the end.  On occasion they do not.  It seems to mostly happen near the end of the song but I believes some much earlier.  I am on the latest 19.x, using a USB connection from a HTPC to a Schiit DAC.  My file types are about 60% FLAC, 30% MP3 and some APE.  The FLAC's are about 80 % lossless, and 20 % high res.  I use play from memory.

Regards,

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Glad I read this.  I do not have/play DSD but the majority of songs truncate near the end.  On occasion they do not.  It seems to mostly happen near the end of the song but I believes some much earlier.  I am on the latest 19.x, using a USB connection from a HTPC to a Schiit DAC.  My file types are about 60% FLAC, 30% MP3 and some APE.  The FLAC's are about 80 % lossless, and 20 % high res.  I use play from memory.
Make sure you have 19.0.163 installed.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91040.0

larryrup

• World Citizen

Thanks Jim.   I try it tonight.

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.
Pages: [1]   Go Up