INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rip cd and sorting  (Read 2045 times)

MazLam

Rip cd and sorting
« on: August 01, 2014, 01:52:36 pm »

I'm just change my system from windows to mac, i got some problem that i can't rip cd and sort album in mc19.
I'm using apple super device (usb rom), mc19 treats it as a usb memory device not a rom, so i just rip my cd via iTunes. however, artist and album can defined in iTunes only not mc19, does any method sort by album in this case? thanks.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Rip cd and sorting
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:43:10 pm »

I'm just change my system from windows to mac, i got some problem that i can't rip cd and sort album in mc19.
I'm using apple super device (usb rom), mc19 treats it as a usb memory device not a rom, so i just rip my cd via iTunes. however, artist and album can defined in iTunes only not mc19, does any method sort by album in this case? thanks.

I may not be understanding you correctly but JRiver for Mac does not support CD ripping.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 10:01:50 pm »

What file type are you ripping to? (WAV, AIFF, ALAC, AAC, MP3)?

If you are using WAV, iTunes may not be storing the album and artist information in the music files.  I don't know about the other file types.

You can get help from people on this forum but you'll have to provide more details about what you have done.  For example, what view are you using in MC?

MazLam

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 11:37:14 pm »

What file type are you ripping to? (WAV, AIFF, ALAC, AAC, MP3)?

If you are using WAV, iTunes may not be storing the album and artist information in the music files.  I don't know about the other file types.

You can get help from people on this forum but you'll have to provide more details about what you have done.  For example, what view are you using in MC?

yes, I used WAV before, the problem is solved when i rip it to apple lossless. Artist, album and cover are sorting normally, thanks a lot :)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 12:44:47 am »

Not a Mac user but I've noticed that XLD is regularly mentioned in a positive light:
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/how-use-xld-rip-cd-14703/
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/mac-cd-ripping-itunes-or-xld-16305/

Not sure whether it will help but it's generally handy to have a proven alternative to provide options.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 11:35:08 am »

Definitely - XLD or MAX are great rippers: light, easy, proven. 

I guess iTunes is fine too, but with the others you can specify and output folder that is consistent with whatever you want to use for MC instead of messing with iTunes' files which can break links in the iTunes DB etc... It's just nice to leave iTunes out of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up