INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External Cover Art, Detection Of...  (Read 2569 times)

johnsg

• Recent member
External Cover Art, Detection Of...
« on: August 04, 2014, 05:09:07 am »

MC is not associating my external Cover Art jpeg images to albums/tracks. Here is my setup.

1. Cover art is located under D:\Cover Art\Albums

2. This path has been configured under Options, File Locations, Cover Art, 'Audio Mode: In a specified folder'

3. Each album track is a separate .flac file located under D:\My Music

4. I do not use [Artist]\[Album] folders; all flac files are dumped in one big folder.

Is there something here that is incompatible with the MC external cover art algorithm?

Thanks

John

johnsg

• Recent member
Re: External Cover Art, Detection Of...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 05:14:58 am »

Forgot to say how files are named.

1. Cover Art = [Artist] - [Album].jpg for example 'Deep Purple - Machine Head.jpg'

2. Flac files = [Artist] - [Album] - [Track #].flac for example 'Judas Priest - Sin After Sin - 02.flac'

John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 11:45:36 am »

Try manually finding the cover art.  Right-click > Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory.  Does that connect the link?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnsg

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 11:54:39 am »

Thanks for the suggestion but the 'Quick Find' does not work. I am assuming that the music files have to be in an [Artist]\[Album] directory structure for the auto cover-art to work.

John

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 12:17:05 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion but the 'Quick Find' does not work. I am assuming that the music files have to be in an [Artist]\[Album] directory structure for the auto cover-art to work.

John

In the cover art folder named Artist - Album.jpg should be found as well.  Double-check that the cover art folder in MC is set to your folder.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnsg

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 01:54:03 pm »

Yes indeed; under Options, File Location, Cover Art, Folder = D:\Cover Art

MC then created sub-directories Albums, Series, Seasons, Videos and I put some jpeg image in the 'Album' folder.

John

johnsg

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 05:09:14 pm »

Bumpty, bump!

So would this be a bug d'you think? I'm not especially fussed about having to manually associate cover art jpegs to audio files. But seeing as I made all my filenames to be compatible with jriver, it would be sweet to have the auto method working.

John

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 10:55:51 am »

What happens if you manually add a cover art to an album via paste and then right click->cover art->save cover art to external location specified in options?

Does it put it in the location you are expecting it to?

johnsg

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 06:22:58 pm »

Hi Bryan: That's a devilish crafty idea of yours.

Using the dbPoweramp shell extensions, I embedded a 'Front Album Cover' image into one FLAC file which is the first track in an album ('Paranoid' by Black Sabbath). All other tracks have no embedded image.

Then I used jriver to 'export' that image. It ends up where I expected it (D:\Cover Art\Albums) as I had configured 'D:\Cover Art' under Options > File Locations > Cover art. The jpeg file also has the correct name format 'Black Sabbath - Paranoid.jpg'

And then all the other tracks in the album immediately pick up the image as an external file.

So having jriver 'export' the Cover Art image from one track seems to tickle all the other tracks into using the external file, which is what I wanted.

Weird. huh?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re:
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 02:06:54 am »

That is strange. My experience would say it's an antivirus or filesystem issue. I wonder if the cover at has made it's way into the "bad" database. Try creating a new smartlist with the only rule being "limit database to...bad" or ~d=b in the import section. Does your cover art show up in there?

johnsg

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 06:02:00 am »

That Smartlist is empty, so I guess the Library is OK...

Is there a way to make jriver print a detailed debug log whilst running tasks? Maybe then we could spot an issue...

John

johnsg

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 06:03:22 am »

Oh, and do I have to 'Import' the Cover Art into the Library? I thought just configuring the Folder that is resides in was enough, but maybe there is more work involed...

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2014, 10:05:57 am »

Oh, and do I have to 'Import' the Cover Art into the Library? I thought just configuring the Folder that is resides in was enough, but maybe there is more work involed...

No, the 'importing' is done via Matt's suggestion (Right-click > Cover Art > Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory).

That Smartlist is empty, so I guess the Library is OK...

Is there a way to make jriver print a detailed debug log whilst running tasks? Maybe then we could spot an issue...

John

You can enable log output via Help->Logging. When you click 'report a problem' MC will output and zip a log file for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up