INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seperating Media from Data on a NAS  (Read 1206 times)

Daveburt

• Recent member
Seperating Media from Data on a NAS
« on: August 09, 2014, 10:48:39 pm »

New here, so excuse the noobish question!
I'm using a NAS as my media server, and MC puts all the data files (Jpeg/XML) in the same folder as my movies...

I'm probably being picky, but I'd prefer to have the Cover Art and XML files in a different folder from the actual movie files.
Sometimes I just want to look at movies (through a different method :P) and the folder seems cluttered by having all the extraneous data there.
It's easy enough to search by file type but I was wondering if there was an easier way?

I really like MC (in fact just pre-ordered v20), all the audio options are VERY nice when going to my Emotiva Pre/Pro...
Unfortunately, I still need to use WMC for TV from my HDHomerun Prime, and Netflix. ::)

Hopefully v20 will solve some of these problems.  All things considered, it's great MC software though!

Any suggestions on separating Media from Data in the NAS folder would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
TV-LG 60" Plasma_Head Emo UMC-1_Amp UPA-500_Speakers: Mains Paradigm Monitor9 v7_Dayton SUB 1000 10"/100w_Infinity Sterling Center_Boston Acoustic Sat6 Rears_Logitech Harmony One remote

HTPC: ASRock AM1H-ITX_AMD Athlon 5350(25w)_8Gb Crucial Balistic 1600 1.35v memory_Samsung EVO 120Gb SSD_3Tb WD Red HD_Fractal Node 605 case

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Seperating Media from Data on a NAS
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 07:18:49 am »

Welcome to the forum.  In MC options, you can set File Locations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up