INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving Playcharts in Car Radio  (Read 1244 times)

franknphile

Saving Playcharts in Car Radio
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:23:43 am »

I just downloaded and installed MC19 recently (still in my trial period) and found this neat feature in car radio to generate playcharts based on genre, artist etc.  So I created a bunch of playcharts in car radio.  Labeled them and they all worked well generating a different playlist each time they are used.  Spent some time switching between them and everything seemed to work well.  Then I changed MC to album view to edit some files while a playchart was playing. When I went back to car radio it was empty. It did not even contain the playchart that was still playing.  What am I doing wrong?  I really like this feature and would like to keep the playcharts I made in car radio.
Thanks - Frank   

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Saving Playcharts in Car Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 12:49:11 pm »

I have no idea.  Try building again.  Stop after a couple and close the program.  Are they there when you run again?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

franknphile

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 02:24:38 pm »

Matt,
Your suggestion to make only two playcharts works great.  I do not lose the playcharts no matter what MC view or when closing and opening MC.  So, is there a max # of playcharts that is supported in car radio?  In my two previous attempts I created about 12 or so playcharts and both times they all disappeared after leaving car radio.
Thanks - Frank

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 02:46:46 pm »

Matt,
So, is there a max # of playcharts that is supported in car radio?

There shouldn't be.

Proceed slowly and note any issues here.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

franknphile

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 03:26:41 pm »

Matt,
I found what deletes the content of my car radio.  When I switch MC view to "Player" under "Playing now" section of the menu the playcharts under car radio are deleted. The "Player" view was empty when I did this (nothing was playing at the time).  Switching MC views (or closing and opening MC) after that did not restore the playcharts. I tried this twice with the same result (playcharts in car radio immediately disappeared when the view is switched to "Player"). Smartlists and playlists remain unaffected.  I am completely new to JRiver and just trying different things. Is this problem due to something I am doing wrong or have setup wrong?  I would think you could always access the "Player" view without affecting anything else.
Thanks - Frank 
Pages: [1]   Go Up