INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchase Moondance Blu Ray Audio Disc Or HD Tracks Download?  (Read 1610 times)

rsvp

• Recent member
Purchase Moondance Blu Ray Audio Disc Or HD Tracks Download?
« on: August 08, 2014, 08:36:52 pm »

Hi there, forgive me if this has been covered.

I normally like to purchase CDs and then rip when that option is available.  But I want to get the Hi Rez version of Morrison's Moondance. 

1. Does MC19 allow you to rip hi rez files from Blu Ray?
2. If not, then the alternative is to go through the 17+ steps and 3 or 4 programs to get the files off the disc and on to my hardrive?

I could buy the files from HD Tracks, but I'd rather have the disc and it's books, etc.

Anyone have any advice?

Regards,

Rob

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Purchase Moondance Blu Ray Audio Disc Or HD Tracks Download?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 12:37:30 pm »

You can rip Blu rays with JRiver (see the wiki), but you'll need something like AnyDVD or similar. Not sure about getting just the audio from a film though, but doesn't sound like thats what you are referring to.

If you are talking about the 48K pcm version (http://www.amazon.com/Moondance-Deluxe-Edition-Blu-Ray-Audio/dp/B00DZJ82W6 ), note you are not getting the 192kHz/24bit version that HDTracks seems to offer. Whether you can hear the difference or not is another discussion ;)

rsvp

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 08:31:42 pm »

You can rip Blu rays with JRiver (see the wiki), but you'll need something like AnyDVD or similar. Not sure about getting just the audio from a film though, but doesn't sound like thats what you are referring to.

If you are talking about the 48K pcm version (http://www.amazon.com/Moondance-Deluxe-Edition-Blu-Ray-Audio/dp/B00DZJ82W6 ), note you are not getting the 192kHz/24bit version that HDTracks seems to offer. Whether you can hear the difference or not is another discussion ;)
Thank you Arindelle!  Yeah, I just want to get the hi res audio off the disc and on to my computer.  It's been a while since I used programs to rip DVD, BD, etc, and I find it really tedious.  I was hoping it was going to be a one-step process  ;)

BTW, a couple of forums like Computer Audiophile say that the Amazon listing is wrong... it's 24/192.  Plus you get 5.1 booklets, etc.  

Thanks again!

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 05:06:11 am »

no problem. Happy Listening :)

firedog

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 06:14:20 am »

I've got the HDTracks hi-res and think it is a very good sounding remaster.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 01:19:51 pm »

HDtracks has 4 discs at 24/196 for 40 dollars.

The Blu Ray comes in a box set with 4 CDs and 1 Blu Ray for 50 dollars.
The Blu Ray contains "Original Album" in hi-res and 5.1.

You have to choose between 5.1 mix of original album or the entire set in hi-res at HDTracks.

Maybe they want you to buy both.

Pages: [1]   Go Up