INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [REQ] Halt slow-running smartlists/library views  (Read 1701 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
[REQ] Halt slow-running smartlists/library views
« on: August 08, 2014, 09:01:54 pm »

While editing smartlists, I accidentally selected one which checks my library for missing files.
As posted here, this interrupted music playback right in the middle of an album.

The bigger issue, however, is that this seems to be taking several minutes to process, and Windows just thinks that Media Center has frozen as soon as I try to close the tab - though I can still see it is busy in the task manager.
Forcing Media Center to quit and re-opening it just causes it to try loading this smartlist again.

Media Center's UI should not become unresponsive while this happens, and it should be possible to close the tab or otherwise stop the process without having to wait for it to finish.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: [REQ] Halt slow-running smartlists
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 12:38:34 am »

Media Center's UI should not become unresponsive while this happens, and it should be possible to close the tab or otherwise stop the process without having to wait for it to finish.

+1

I don't have any that go that haywire, but my IsMissing() views can go on for an obnoxious period of time when you accidentally select one.  Also my All Media Disk Location view is a bit too sluggish for comfort.  It has no filters at all, and sorts by Filename.  It does have 8 Categories, however, so that might be it.

If the tree and tab closing Xs remained responsive, it wouldn't require any UI at all to cancel.  Just close the tab or navigate away.  Though a "processing" spin control on the active tab (when any View load takes longer than X ms) wouldn't hurt either, as it would make it more clear why the File List pane is locked.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 02:43:53 am »

Yes, I see this all the time as I have loads of long duration smartlists.  Would be nice to have cleaner handling of such smartlists.

flac.rules

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 04:26:27 pm »

Yes, I see this all the time as I have loads of long duration smartlists.  Would be nice to have cleaner handling of such smartlists.

It would be nice to have cleaner handling of time-consuming-processes in general, there are many things that make the program seemingly hang up when its just working on something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up