INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rip unknown info on drive but info in media centre. how to copy both to backup  (Read 811 times)

drpaulwoodhouse

What do I have to do to back up a ripped CD which has been automatically saved as unknown artist, album etc but where the media center has been able to retrieve the track info and order and artwork from the internet during or after the rip? I would like to marry the two so I can save to another backup hard drive.
I am sure this has been asked before but I have been unable to find the question or answer.
Thank you very much.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

i always fix the tags after the rip.  if MC has set the tags in the library, you can select all the tracks, then go to "library tools" and "update tags from library", this will ensure that the files have the physical tags attached

from there, i always "rename/move/copy" and put the ripped album in the proper folder structure, then if you want to make a backup copy, run the "rename/move/copy" tool again, but select "copy" and choose your backup location.  i would choose "copy" and not "copy (and update library...)" otherwise you'll have MC using the backup location for the library
Pages: [1]   Go Up