INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thumbnail image for Artists - help me understand  (Read 2298 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
thumbnail image for Artists - help me understand
« on: August 09, 2014, 07:28:26 pm »

In Standard and Theater (and Gizmo) views I have albums grouped by artist. The thumbnail seems to take an album cover at random to display for this grouping. Can this be changed, fixed, manipulated? Why can I choose to get an artist image from last.fm, but not display this image? Rather: how do I display this image in these views?

Re: thumbnail image for Artists - help me understand
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:21:50 am »

Are your views displaying something other than [Artist] or [Album Artist (auto)]?
It is definitely working correctly here.

Check that you have images in: %APPDATA%\J River\Media Center 19\Cover Art\Artists

In Standard View, you can select the tab at the top of the window, and choose thumbnails then "show fanned thumbnails" to enable/disable that view.
The image displayed on top does seem to be randomized once per session.

I would like to see something better than the current "fanned" view, but I'm not sure what would be best - perhaps a grid of album thumbnails rather than having them stacked on top of each other?

Denti

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 06:58:25 pm »

Yes, I have something other than those displayed ([Name]), but when I change it it's no different: random album cover from among the albums grouped there. How random is this? It doesn't seem to be changing with every re-fresh/new login. But I can't tell how the cover  is chosen.

Denti

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 07:11:17 pm »

Can I set the cover I want displayed for each grouping?

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 07:56:03 am »

Can I set the cover I want displayed for each grouping?
No (or not out of the box, maybe their is some expression). Album covers are random, but does change on mouse hover

Yes, I have something other than those displayed ([Name]), but when I change it it's no different: random album cover from among the albums grouped there. How random is this? It doesn't seem to be changing with every re-fresh/new login. But I can't tell how the cover  is chosen.
just to make sure I'm on the same page, if you group by Artist (or Album Artist or AlbumArtist (auto)) you should get soemthing like this  -- the [Name] field is the track name, don't think you want that there. On drill down over Beastie Boys here you would see something like this?

If your are just talking about eye-candy though It would be possible to manually stack albums, but if you have a big library can't see how this would be viable. Or you could make one using a 3D view.

Denti

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 08:15:13 am »

Mouse-over doesn't work in Theater View, though.

And my real question is whether indeed the top cover is selected at random (in Theater View). Very often it appears to be the most recently added.

And I'd also like to know what view is required to see the Artist image taken from last.fm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up