INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: Lack of disk space causes infinitely long recording  (Read 1101 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
BUG: Lack of disk space causes infinitely long recording
« on: August 10, 2014, 11:27:00 am »

I'm using build 134 in my PC that I use as a DVR (because I update it less frequently because stability is the most important quality for that PC).  IF this is a bug that was fixed in a more recent version, let me know, but that seems unlikely.  I am using two Hauppauge PCI TV tuners.  MC19 is setup to record in .TS format (which outputs both during the recording and then only leaves .TS at the end).

Steps that cause the problem:

1) Hard drive has insufficient disk space to fully complete the current recording (so it runs out of disk space while MC19 is recording TV).

2) The scheduled end of the recording occurs, and there is still insufficient disk space.  (The recording's JTV folder and TS file are each less than the size of a full recording.)

3) After the scheduled end of the recording, the human notices the problem, and deletes a bunch of old files, creating a lot of disk space.

4) MC19 then continues to write to both the JTV folder and the TS file forever.  (from looking at the file later, it looks like the same channel as the original recording.)

( I then rebooted the PC to stop the recording, and MC19 did not resume "recording" upon reboot. )

My guess is that when the scheduled time occurs to stop the recording, the insufficient disk space condition interferes with MC19 executing the portion of the code that finishes the recording.  The bug is that - even though insufficient disk space has caused the completion to fail - there should be code to set the recording as flagged "completed" so that it does not record infinitely.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Re: BUG: Lack of disk space causes infinitely long recording
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 06:44:46 pm »

I am trying MC as a DVR on a different PC and the same thing happened... and this time (probably since this PC has less resources and CPU power), the result is that the PC becomes very unresponsive and I am going to have to do a hard reboot.

So, please fix this bug, it should be easy to find from the above information.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: BUG: Lack of disk space causes infinitely long recording
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:22:45 pm »

kstuart,

I am looking into this problem and will fix it as soon as I can.  Thanks for reporting the details.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up