INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update to Manage Library Fields MC Freezes  (Read 1349 times)

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
Update to Manage Library Fields MC Freezes
« on: August 10, 2014, 01:32:26 pm »

Whenever a change is made to "Manage Library Fields" MC acts as if it is heavily taxed in the update process causing MC to freeze for about 10 to 15 seconds in its application screen positioning event. Playback continues, if it playing; frequently MC will get displayed as if the MC window area is being interrupted during its screen updating, which will result in MC moving up to the top of the screen above the TaskBar and the bottom of MC will have the correct height of the TaskBar as if MC is expecting by default the Windows TaskBar being docked at the bottom rather than the top.

MC is installed on SSD and there are no other programs which display this behavior.
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Update to Manage Library Fields MC Freezes
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 03:01:19 pm »

sorry tried but can't reproduce this (version 19.161). Might have nothing to do with this, but if you have autoimport running in the background try turning it off while you are doing this. (Options Library Folders)

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 03:16:34 pm »

sorry tried but can't reproduce this (version 19.161). Might have nothing to do with this, but if you have autoimport running in the background try turning it off while you are doing this. (Options Library Folders)
AutoImport is the problem. Thanks!

Is there some reason why AutoImport isn't turned off and then back on (excluded from running) when "Manage Library Fields" is being modified? Seems like a 30 second coding change.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 03:22:51 pm »

AutoImport is the problem. Thanks!

Is there some reason why AutoImport isn't turned off and then back on (excluded from running) when "Manage Library Fields" is being modified? Seems like a 30 second coding change.
is that rhetorical ?  ;D  Doubt there is a reason, I think that most people set up their library fields and then don't touch them, or rarely. Personally I don't use autoimport running in the background, so I've never noticed this.

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 03:38:32 pm »

Rhetorical? lol, yeah, directed to those who can or would correct it.

Well, I haven't upgraded in five years, and not fixing basic stuff like this is the reason why (recently upgraded to '20'). Anytime an app gets the Windows Terminate Non-Responsive program intervention prompt, that isn't a good sign. I really like MC, but there's many interface issues. I just find in the year 2014 the Manage Library Fields not having an interactive example of your calculated field, well, primitive. I can't remember when I started using "MC", about version 6 or 7, and some common UI things still don't exit.

Thanks for your reply, you were right on the money! I give you 5 of 5 for performance and accuracy :) and 0 of 5 for MC :( not handling this appropriately (zero for non-responsive terminate).
Pages: [1]   Go Up