INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you buy music?  (Read 2214 times)

iufinal4

How do you buy music?
« on: August 11, 2014, 12:55:13 pm »

Sorry in advance for the stupid question, but what happened to the "performer store"? How do you buy music? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Isaacc7

• Recent member
Re: How do you buy music?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 10:39:36 pm »

I buy music from iTunes, acoustic sounds,and soon from nativedsd. I may by several more CDs (Nimbus does not seem to offer higher rez downloads) but I am mostly media free these days.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 06:17:10 am »

Bandcamp !! Pay the artist direct (almost^^). Flac and some 24bit same price as Mp3, sometimes very cheap pay as you want.

FlacMe

Qobuz  most of Europe, not for US

or the artist direct if they sell in lossless, many do

Amazon for used cds to rip once - I give most of my cds to my local library now, have too many.

Why would you want to buy Mp3s unless absolutely necessary, especially from itunes?! .. horrible codecs/compression. Can always convert  a copy later for your phones.

Isaacc7

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 03:41:41 pm »

iTunes is just fine for popular music. Huge selection and easy purchase. The compression isn't a factor for many songs. I've never bought any jazz or classical from there though, doubt I will.  

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 05:09:13 pm »

+1 for Bandcamp, but I like weird indie and experimental music.  Which bandcamp is great at.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 05:16:16 pm »

I'm not sure if Performer Store is in the Mac version. In the Windows version of MC you turn it on/off using Tools > Options > Services > Stores Shown in the Tree.

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 05:17:52 am »

missed this was in the mac forum, but you also can get apple lossless from Bandcamp. Not everything is marginal there are a lot of known names like Elliot Smith, and Sufjan Stevens but sure its not mainstream pop  :) ... I have even bought country music at Bandcamp, there search does suck though .. hard to find stuff amongst so much. Easier to google an artist and add bandcamp to the search

Pages: [1]   Go Up