INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicates  (Read 1639 times)

toddelving

• Junior Woodchuck
Duplicates
« on: August 13, 2014, 12:01:29 am »

I need a little advice here.
I have a large library of 144k plus songs over 10k in Albums.
The sound and video of the J River software is great and I am slowly getting a hang of it.
I deleted my I tunes and imported all of my songs directly from my external drives.
Now I am bogged down with duplicates, I understand I can find duplicate in a smart playlist but some of those duplicates are HD which were meant to replace the old versions,
I tunes sweeper gave me the option of removing all of the inferior versions of songs but I cannot do that with MC19.
Should I delete the library in JRiver Re Install I tunes that fix dupes and missing songs
How do i delete the library if I do this?
Thank you

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: This is all a bit overwhelming.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 12:31:54 am »

I'm sure you can get what you need from MC without having to go backwards.

The Wiki has a wealth of info, did you have a look there?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Category:Frequently_Asked_Questions

I found this entry on Duplicate Files

Just now, I tried a variant of this advice:
You can use 'Edit' at the top of the Smartlist to filter to only a particular media type, or to change the fields it checks for duplicates. An example of a similar Smartlist to help find audio duplicates of different formats is: [Media Type]=[Audio] ~dup=[Name],[Album],[Artist],[Track #]

I set up a Smartlist based on the above but dropped off [Track #]. From the view generated and the duplicates that showed up, it would be possible to separate HD from SD based on bitrate. You could add a column to the view, say [Sample Rate] and that would make things unequivocal as far as the distinction between HD and SD.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: This is all a bit overwhelming.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 07:23:31 am »

Just for info, the wiki example will NOT show duplicates which exist on different named albums. Otherwise it should be fine. If you want to keep different quality versions ie flac at 44K AND 192 or 16 AND 24 bit recordings they will not show up using the code below.  Don't think Bitrate will be very accurate as FLAC bitrates are listed as averages as they change all the time during the song, so these are not in the variables.

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] ~dup=[Artist],[Bit Depth],[Duration],[Name],[Sample Rate] ~sort=[Artist],[Name],[Track #],[Sample Rate]
Then you can use this and either add back [Album] or remove the [field filters] as you require.

you can import this using the import button on a new smartlist (or create a View to make it prettier/more usable for 10K albums) -- if the bit rate is not the same it won't show up as a dupe, same with the sample rate -- you can play also with  removing the duration field as some duplicates come out to within 4 seconds of each other and will not show even though they are in fact duplicates

Might be faster to redo in iTunes, then reload the library not sure. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up