INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have searched and looked and can't find an answer....  (Read 1543 times)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
I have searched and looked and can't find an answer....
« on: August 13, 2014, 01:35:12 pm »

is there a way to permanently skip a track when playing an album without deleting the track?

An example would be "Thirty Years of Maximum R&B" by The Who.  I'd like to play the album back without some of the dialogue tracks each time I select the album.  Another would be Chicago's Transit Authority album skipping the track "Free Form Guitar".  Don't want to delete them because I might want to play them individually or in a different playlist at times. 

I'm sure we all have albums where there is a track that doesn't fit in our minds or we just don't like that much.  It would be nice to have a "skip" or "Jump" command/option for playing back the album and a command to reverse in a single instance.

Maybe there is a way to do it now; but, I can't find it.

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
Re: I have searched and looked and can't find an answer....
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 01:43:41 pm »

I use ratings to do what you are trying to accomplish.

For tracks I want to skip I give a rating of 1 star.
I then make a rule for file display, in my audio view, where rating is not 1 star.

Instead of using rating you could also do something similar with a custom field.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 02:13:22 pm »

Another suggestion: Use the user function in MC. Add yourself as user and additionally a further user and tag the tracks you want to skip with this user. All tracks you want to play tag with your user name. Choose yourself as current user when creating your playlist.
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »

Unfortunately not.
The only solution in Media Center right now is to hide the tracks.

Being able to mark a track as "do not play" without hiding it is something I'd like to see in MC20.

I like the way that iTunes handles it, where each track simply has a checkbox next to it in the list, which is used to skip tracks.

Vincent Kars

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 07:57:01 pm »

V. Kars - I could see the link for the album, but I believe in a playlist it would link the two songs where I wouldn't want to do that.

Appreciate the other work-arounds guys, but they don't quite do what I want.  I may be stuck doing one or the other.
Pages: [1]   Go Up