INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Path And Bit Perfect  (Read 3217 times)

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Audio Path And Bit Perfect
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:29:32 pm »

On another forum discussing JRiver I read that the Tools icon on the UI in the upper right corner should light up "blue" when a bit perfect source is being played. At the bottom of the tool there is a link to learn more about Audio Path. On that link it shows the "up and down" arrows icon lit blue but does mention that the Noire Skin must be used.

I use several of the DSP tools but decided to turn them all off and changed to the Noire skin from my preferred Thunderstorm. I tried several files but the light never lit up. My library is an all AIFF library with 95% rips from my CDs using XLD and the balance purchased high resolution downloads.

Should I be seeing the icon blue when all DSP is turned off?
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Audio Path And Bit Perfect
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 08:13:39 am »

Hovering over the Audio Tools icon, does the audio path have the same input sample rate as the output (e.g. 44.1kHz)?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 01:29:09 am »

Hovering over the Audio Tools icon, does the audio path have the same input sample rate as the output (e.g. 44.1kHz)?

Typically I have output format engaged and upsample 44.1 and 48 x 2, 88.2 and 96 are unchanged and 176.4 and 192 x 1/2. I did uncheck all DSP that I had engaged but still did not see "blue" icon. Would I need to close and reopen MC?

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 01:44:25 am »

I just tried again with all settings in DSP Studio unchecked. The Input shows 44.1kHz 16bit 2ch from source format AIFF. The Output shows 44.1kHz 24bit using Core Audio (direct connection).

My Core Audio Settings>Device have Open device with exclusive access and Integer mode checked.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 01:55:15 am »

Oops, my bad. First I forgot to switch over to the Noire skin. When I still didn't get the blue light after unchecking the DSP Studio selections I was confused but did notice it had turned grey. In changing skins I checked Skin Effects and for my preferred Thunderstorm skin I had engaged greyscale. Setting that to None the blue light comes on when I hover over it.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 04:06:47 am »

Yep, think none has skined a colour change in their skins

not really needed though, if you click on the icon and you se no changes are being made, you are good to go

and you can set up DSPs as a 2nd zone and toggle between them

Pages: [1]   Go Up