INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slow motion playback of currently recording TV  (Read 3580 times)

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Slow motion playback of currently recording TV
« on: August 14, 2014, 05:53:12 pm »

I have seen this a few times, but can't narrow it down...basically, if I try to watch a program that is currently recording (in .ts format), it plays back in slow motion.  Once the program is finished recording, it plays back normally.  This doesn't always happen, but it did happen last night while recording the series premier of Legends.  Any ideas?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Slow motion playback of currently recording TV
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 07:13:05 pm »

I have seen that a couple of times too, but have not figured out a cause yet.  I will keep looking for a solution.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 11:36:15 pm »

thanks!

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 10:38:31 pm »

This seems to be happening every time now...any progress?  just FYI, I am on v20 now.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 07:11:12 am »

Did you consider the video driver?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 11:04:44 am »

It happens across multiple machines, one with an Intel HD4600, and one with an AMD HD6570 (or 6750, can never remember!)...it's happened for as long as I can remember, and has been observed by Yaobing as well in the past.

Once the program is finished recording, then it plays back fine. 

EricTheBlue

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 05:04:44 am »

Did you consider the video driver?

I've consistently encountered this same slow motion problem with playback of recordings in progress with two PCs using three different drivers:

* Intel HD4600 (IGP of i5 4690K CPU): MC v20.0.12, Win7x64
    * Nvidia's driver for GTX-780 graphics card (same i5 system above): MC v20.0.12, Win7x64
    * Intel HD Graphics (IGP of Celeron G1840): MC v20.0.14, Win8.1x64

Once recordings have ended they all play back fine.

I use a dual-tuner SiliconDust HDHR3 source and if I select a live program different from the one being recorded it plays fine.

I also checked system resource utilization during slow-mo playback on the Intel Celeron system (the lower powered of my two systems) via Task Manager and no component (CPU, RAM, etc) was being stressed at all.  Further, I've done playback of recordings in progress via WMC in the recent past on Gen3, Intel Celeron-based systems without incident so I don't believe system resource consumption is the issue.

I use the feature of playback of recordings in progress all the time with TV, so if the slow motion problem can't be fixed soon I'll have to move to another solution for TV recording and playback.  Beyond the "showstopper" slow motion issue, I really miss several features of WMC such as, but not limited to, built in pseudo commercial skip, superior subscription setup via TV guide toggle of individual program, and better guide navigation).  In summary, slow motion issue notwithstanding, MC works for TV recording and playback but not nearly as easily or effectively as WMC.  FWIW, I've tried a few PC-base DVR solutions and none of them have matched WMC so far in terms of ease of use and logical function:  Not to mention encrypted cable card support.
    [/list]

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 02:06:38 pm »

I tested 20.0.20 last night on the primary (non client) installation, and it seems to work as expected now.  I will try to test the client tonight or tomorrow night, but it looks good so far!

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 02:09:11 pm »

Looks like I spoke too soon...I rebooted the other night, not sure that had anything to do with it, but afterwards, the slow motion playback came back on recording TV.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
    • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
    « Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 02:15:20 pm »

I've reported the same thing and provided logs. Yaobing is working on it.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
    « Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 09:07:02 pm »

I am seeing the same thing.  It seems to be anytime I am recording OTA channels.  I will try to test the STB channels this weekend.

Alex

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 06:43:13 pm »

Any updates on this?

scokat916

• Recent member
    « Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 07:32:13 am »

I saw the same thing last night while recording OTA.  It was slow motion when I tried to watch the recorded show and the channel that was being recorded.   All other channels were fine.   This is on a Intel NUC i3 MC version 20.0.30.  Tuner is an HD HomeRun.

0153n

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 04:44:14 pm »

Same problem in 20.0.41.  I can start a recording while I'm watching, and it doesn't immediately go slow, but as soon as you change channels, or the recording is in progress at all, you can't switch back to it without it being slowed down.

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 01:32:27 pm »

My wife was unable to watch the Thanksgiving day parade because of this (well, she hasn't watched it yet).  This is (has) becoming a big issue.

If I am watching the channel before the recording starts, I can continue to watch as normal...otherwise, if I am not watching it, but select it from my recorded TV view, it plays back in slow motion.  Very consistently.  I can provide logs, or whatever, just let me know what you need.  it happens almost every time (>95%).

mm0

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 09:23:03 am »

so I have applied the fix, and it mostly works...for the first time last night though, it happened again.  I was able to stop playback, go to another recording, and then go back to the original to make it work, so at least I was able to make it work eventually.
    Pages: [1]   Go Up