INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: M4P playback switches off WASAPI?  (Read 1063 times)

steelstring41

• Recent member
M4P playback switches off WASAPI?
« on: August 15, 2014, 02:54:25 am »

I've just switched over to Media Center after many years of using itunes. I seem to have encountered an issue where playback of an M4P (Apple's old protected format...sigh) switches off WASAPI then starts the new track (a non-M4P) about a second or two late. Audio path for all M4P playback tells me "Not using JRiver audio engine".

Does anybody know what is happening here and if there is a possible workaround? Any feedback is much appreciated!

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: M4P playback switches off WASAPI?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 03:24:26 am »

M4P files are DRM-locked files and must be played through the Quicktime engine.

You might want to try re-downloading those albums from the iTunes store, as many of them have been re-issued without that DRM now.

steelstring41

• Recent member
Re: M4P playback switches off WASAPI?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 03:46:39 am »

M4P files are DRM-locked files and must be played through the Quicktime engine.

You might want to try re-downloading those albums from the iTunes store, as many of them have been re-issued without that DRM now.

Thanks for the quick response. I may have purchased these songs on an account that has been long out of commission seeing as how they don't appear in the download list on my most recently used account. I might be out of luck on this one. Luckily there are not too many of the files (154 songs) so it's not a huge loss. Again, thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up