INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver, Autohotkey and clipboard  (Read 1595 times)

Casi

JRiver, Autohotkey and clipboard
« on: August 15, 2014, 04:50:29 am »

Dear all,

I am new to this forum although I use JRiver quite some time and love it for the ease of searching through my music and the screen appearance.

Lately, I was trying to automate some tasks that I do frequently (highlight files in Files view and copy to a Ramdisk for future usage in Windows Explorer) via Autohotkey, just to find out that JRiver uses its own way to control keyboard inputs etc.

Two possible ways to succeed I can imagine right now:

1) Use MCC_Keystroke command to copy highlighted files (simulate CTRL C keyboard input). I could put a line in AHK: Run MC19.exe /MCC 27000´, nKeyCode
Does anybody know the int keycode for {CTRL C} ?

2) I have searched the forum to find out that the Linux system obviously uses three sorts of memory buckets to store clipboard, but the interaction with Windows clipboard is not so easy. Is there a way to easily synchronize the buffers? I dont do C++ programming so I can only put code in AHK, thus using the little autocutsel program won´t help?!

What I would like to achieve is to copy the highlighted files into a buffer so that I can use their path in Windows to copy them to a differnt location in an automated fashion....

Thanks for any help
Casi

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver, Autohotkey and clipboard
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 07:19:27 am »

You can use the path now to copy files.

MC's Tools > Library Tools > Move, Copy and Rename.  Try a few before you do very many.

Casi

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 07:45:37 am »

Yes, thanks I knew this already, but does not realy work for me unless this can be automated within JRiver (can I assign a shortkey to this copiing action that can be called from an external scrit like Autohotkey?)

Many Thanks Casi

PS: Do you know the KeyCode for CTRL C to be used with MCC KEYSTOKE?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 09:44:08 am »

You can change the way JRiver handles keyboard inputs in Tools > Options > General > Advanced > Media Key Mode. Perhaps a change there will help with AutoHotKey.

Is there a way you can use Send To . . . External Program to just right click and have the file copied?

I can't find anything about the nKeyCode for CTLR+C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up