INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: itunes files/library to mc19 for mac  (Read 3222 times)

acarroll123

itunes files/library to mc19 for mac
« on: August 15, 2014, 07:13:05 pm »

I have attempted to import (first times auto import) my itunes collection to media center, but I've noticed that not all of the music is transferred. Example: can locate an album/cd, but only three of six songs show up when I check the artist/album list under MC. Any suggestions on what is going wrong and how to fix?
Thanks

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: itunes files/library to mc19 for mac
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 11:43:41 am »

I have attempted to import (first times auto import) my itunes collection to media center, but I've noticed that not all of the music is transferred. Example: can locate an album/cd, but only three of six songs show up when I check the artist/album list under MC. Any suggestions on what is going wrong and how to fix?
Thanks

It's likely due to poorly tagged files. I'm no longer familiar with iTunes but I would assume (I should never assume about Apple products, but I will) that it has an option to write file properties to the tags. If your music is properly labeled and organized in iTunes, this should transfer that data to the music files themselves so that MC can read it. The other option is to do the tagging in MC manually or semi-automatically by pulling information from the directory structure and filenames.
Pages: [1]   Go Up