INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC becoming slow/laggy! solved!  (Read 1272 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC becoming slow/laggy! solved!
« on: August 20, 2014, 09:44:02 am »

notice i'm getting an awful lot of the little blue thinking circle, and tag changes especially are getting really laggy (often if i press on say genre, there will be a large lag with the thinking circle, then a completely different tag will open)

any tips on a slow MC?  with MC20 coming soon i'm not going to bother with a re-install quite yet, but maybe i have some weird settings (MC or PC) that are contributing?

thanks

edit:  problem solved.  due to a recent C: crash, i decided to move all my program files to another drive with mklink.  didn't think about the fact that the virus program does not respect mklink...added the correct  path exclusions and so far so good

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC becoming slow/laggy!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 09:48:59 am »

It's probably something like antivirus.  It's doubtful that it's an MC problem.

You could look here for ideas:
Weird and Wonderful

Arindelle

Re: MC becoming slow/laggy!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 10:56:12 am »

This might not be it, but as Jim brought up the AV, I found last year that my AV (Bit Defender) was actually constantly running real time scans. Not that that is bad for incoming new files, but I found its was rescanning 6tb of media all the time. I just excluded all my flac and video files from this scan. Doesn't mean you can't run a system deep scan a couple of times a month.
Pages: [1]   Go Up