INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server won't save  (Read 2153 times)

TimberHo

• Recent member
Library Server won't save
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:54:35 pm »

Setup a Library Server and have gone through 3 times now and edited and saved it with the audio files I would like (mostly removing mp3 versions of albums I have FLAC files for etc...open to better ideas in how to automatically do this but I digress...)

BUT...for whatever reason when I fire up the library server the library is back to the way it was before I removed all these files from the library.  I can "restore" a library that I backed up and everything shows just like it was when I left it but am I missing something?  Shouldn't it automatically do this?

TimberHo

• Recent member
Re: Library Server won't save
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 07:22:04 pm »

Update....after restoring a backup and having it open for 20 minutes it went BACK to the way it was before I restored it and files I had removed were back in the library.  what is going on....?

TimberHo

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 07:48:03 pm »

it appears to be importing the previously deleted files even though when configuring auto import the box is checked for "Ignore files previously removed from library"

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 08:26:57 pm »

On the server, you must set authentication on.  

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server_Sync

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 08:28:18 pm »

Try creating a library in a folder that you know is safe.  Load it and use it for a while.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

TimberHo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 08:49:06 pm »

Thanks...it is authenticated...I will give it a shot for the 4th time...curious though what you mean by "safe"?  No one editing the folder?  I think my library folder is saved in a location that is not being changed...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 08:59:02 pm »

Make sure no other user has the library open.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 10:53:12 pm »

Two additional troubleshooting questions:  

1) Are you removing the files from the library on the library server itself or on a client PC?  If you've been trying to remove from a client, try to remove from the server and see if that makes a difference.  Do you have "auto-sync changes" enabled on the client?
2) When you say that in "auto import, the box is checked for 'Ignore files previously removed from library'" do you mean the auto-import settings on the server, or on the client?  Try checking the server's auto-import settings to make sure they look how they should.  Also try disabling auto-import on the client instance if it's not already disabled.  

It sounds as though either your making changes on a client that are not being synced to the server, or (more likely) the server's auto-import settings are not configured the way they should be.  If neither one of those is the case, just a hunch, try disabling auto-import on the client (in Options-->Library & Folders-->Auto-Import). I've been seeing some strange behavior somewhat similar to yours when auto-import is enabled on both the server and the client, and since the client shouldn't be importing anything anyway, it can't hurt to disable auto-import on the client (and it may help).
Pages: [1]   Go Up