INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WOL to a Renderer  (Read 1280 times)

liquidsmoke

• Recent member
WOL to a Renderer
« on: August 22, 2014, 06:20:05 am »

Hi,
I have JRiver on PC1 acting as a DNLA Server in the loft, and a htpc (PC2) with JRiver and a usb dac in another room acting as a DNLA Renderer. I am using JRemote on iOS to control things. If the Server in the loft goes to sleep, I can wake it by using JRemote to connect to PC1 no problem. However if I want to play anything on PC2 renderer but PC2 is asleep then JRiver doesn't seem clever enough to sent a magic packet from PC1 to PC2 to wake it up.

I can get around the problem by enabling the DNLA media server on PC2 also, but it means I have to try and connect to PC2 with JRemote firstly to wake the machine up, then exit and connect to my 'real' server on PC1.

It would be nice if JRiver media server would send a magic packet to the renderer for me! :)

davidw55

• Recent member
Re: WOL to a Renderer
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 09:14:57 am »

Yes, it would be nice if the MC server could send a magic packet to a renderer.   I'm not aware of an MC feature that does that.  Maybe the JRiver people know ?

In the meantime, since your renderer is another MC instance, couldnt JRemote be persuaded to wake it up?  i.e. add your renderer to jremote.    Not particularly convenient, I agree, but might work.

Dave

liquidsmoke

• Recent member
Re: WOL to a Renderer
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:22:24 am »

Yes thats exactly my current workaround. It does work, but it's an annoying extra step I have to make :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up