INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library View --- how to set the default sub - view  (Read 2339 times)

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen
Library View --- how to set the default sub - view
« on: August 23, 2014, 12:27:53 am »

Hi, i have several library views under Audio  (see below) ... and when i click on Audio   it always uses the MP3  subview as the one it shows initially.. if i create more subviews under Audio it might select an other one and show that one when clicking on "Audio"...       I would like the   "Album" library sub-view to pop-up first always as the default one ... how can i ensure that  ??

Audio
  Album
  Artist
  Genre
  Live
  MP3
  Vinyl

btw this happens also in "Video" !Images" etc

So i want to be in control which one is displayed 1st

thx koen

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library View --- how to set the default sub - view
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:51:00 am »

+1

Currently, it should automatically open at the last selected subview. I have some views in all categories that for some reason I can't fathom are never remembered.

Thing is, I can also see some value in having it open the last selected view.

One of those difficult ones to resolve, and am not convinced adding an option for it is entirely necessary. What I mean is, if every option ever requested had been incorporated, MC's options panel would be such a behemoth noone would ever go there. Back in the early days, v9.0 through 12, I could tell you where every available option was, what it was called and what effect it had. That is not the case today, and when I'm looking for something in there, I would be pretty frustrated without the search field. Maybe I'm getting too old :)

It's not a deal breaker for me, or source of great frustration even. I just accept that that is how it works (most of the time) and that's fine. You know that there will be users out there that would be outraged if this got flipped, maybe as many as would be delighted. I'll leave you all to slug it out while I sit on the fence and watch...

-marko

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 03:27:47 am »

hi,  if it would open at the last one selected i would not have entered this post..

it always opens with the MP3 view in the sample provided .. whatever view i used before ...

if i create a new subview it might from that moment on always open with an other one .. i could not yet determine the logic ...

thx koen

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 01:17:39 pm »

So, that's two of us with last selected views not sticking. Interesting.

I am unable to test for named views I have this issue with, but one I can say for certain is an image view I named "D5000 - No People"

I can get it to use the last selected view if that view is something other than this one. Strange. Anyone else seeing something similar?

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 02:45:30 pm »

I don't know how similar this might be, but I haven't been able to default to any Views completely.

I first (on my main server MC) defined a view and just named it 'My View' since there was none defined.  But it never activated.  Not knowing if this is global or specific to a playlist, I defined five more for five different playlists.  None of those took, either.

When I went back into the first Playlist defined and listed the views, there were six 'My Views', with nothing distinguishing them.  Selecting one did activate some the parameters I had set.  The parameters that activated were the column organization and sort order.  Not activated was the arguments for one of the columns which was a custom definition, not a standard system one.

I was doing this on the server because it was suggested to me that they would propagate to each MC client of that server library that also utilized a same playlist.  That doesn't happen either.

--Bill

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 01:27:46 am »

Hi, i have the issue with views with and without numbers in the name .. also creating a new one does not take that one .. so its also not the latest created ...

so JRiver crew: what is the algorithm / logic for selecting a subview when opening a view located in the root

when opening a sub view for a sub view it just shows the list of subviews but does not jump to a specific one

thx koen
Pages: [1]   Go Up