INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Payback Problem  (Read 1866 times)

Classical Lover

Video Payback Problem
« on: August 24, 2014, 05:47:55 pm »

Hi,

I am a new user and before I get to my issue, I want to state I absolutely love your software for managing my audio collection in FLAC. I tried about a dozen different solutions before deciding upon your software because it was the ONLY one that met all my requirements and then some.

Now to my issue. I've ripped about a dozen movies using Media Center to my hard drive. Unfortunately I am having issues when playing them, they will randomly (appears to lock up) or if I go the DVD menu to select a scene, that locks. 100% of the time. Requires a End Task to gain control of my pc.

However, if I play the same movie from the DVD drive, no issues with Media Center. Also I am able to play then fine from the hard drive using a program I purchased to play protected Bluray - (Cyberlink PowerDVD). Other than playing video ok this is an example of a program that to be frank, I find unsatisfactory for my requirements and I wasted my money,

Attached are the log files. Since the "original" log file was over 500 meg I painstaking removed about 499 Meg of the same error repeating error (see bottom of email for sample). I've left you plenty of them to review.

I have read through this forum and have made the changes to my virus scanner that (Defender) that you recommend and disabled it. I've also tried changing the video to Hardware accelerate and tested it and made no difference either way.

My OS and programs on drive C a SSD drive. My Library rests on a pair of physical mirrored  1TB drives. The log files will tell you the rest.

Thanks for your help,
Jim    

This is the error I cleaned out repititions:

0147812: 3876: Playback: CDShowFilterGraphNotifyWindow::OnDXEvent: Start
0147812: 3876: Playback: CDShowFilterGraphNotifyWindow::OnDXEvent: Event: 269 (0x10d), 6, 87.  Callback 0xa0120a0
0147812: 3876: Playback: CDShowFilterGraphNotifyWindow::OnDXEvent: Unhandled DX event: 0x10d
0147812: 3876: Playback: CDShowFilterGraphNotifyWindow::OnDXEvent: Finish (0 ms)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Payback Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:10:43 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Antivirus was my first guess.  Disabling it may not be enough, if it is the cause.  Uninstall it to test.

In Video options, try Red October Standard.

Classical Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 06:49:15 pm »

Thank you JimH,

I am running Red October Standard, I've tried not changing defaults. I would uninstall Windows Defender (Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows 8.1) but since it is a core Windows component it cannot be uninstalled, only disabled. I have disabled and tested, still the same issue.

Thank you,
JimC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 07:15:47 pm »

Try toggling the video options for hardware acceleration.

Classical Lover

Re: Video Playback Problem
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 07:36:09 pm »

Thank you Jim.  I've tried that earlier today.  As I had switched to hardware but after this issue turned it back off to the default.

The video plays as long as I just play.  Once I try to select another scene at the DVD window it hangs for example. It will sometimes just hang.

Very odd.

Was that error I sent have any meaning?

Jim

Classical Lover

Re: Video Playback Problem
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 12:30:18 pm »

Hi Jim,

Any further thoughts as to what I can try?

Jim C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up