INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loading DSP Settings  (Read 1601 times)

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
Loading DSP Settings
« on: August 21, 2014, 05:25:39 pm »

Linking files is awesome!

However, the DSP tag load a saved setting, but do not unload when a new track is selected without that tag empty. In some ways, I can see why it would do that at this moment as there is no way for MC to remember what the previous DSP setting would be, but let's hope it's filed under "work in progress".

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
Loading DSP Settings
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 08:56:03 pm »

DSP - okay I see the save/load button... and I've saved a dsp setting.

How do I tell v20 to use for a particular track?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Loading DSP Settings
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 08:57:14 pm »

DSP - okay I see the save/load button... and I've saved a dsp setting.

How do I tell v20 to use for a particular track?

You set the DSP field for the track.  Either show the DSP column or use the Tag Action Window.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DoubtingThomas

Loading DSP Settings
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 09:01:57 pm »

You set the DSP field for the track.  Either show the DSP column or use the Tag Action Window.

Okay I showed the DSP column and set my test1 setting for a track... it shows.. but it does not work.  The test1 has almost all of the lower sliders down all the way (for testing).  I switch tracks and then back to the DSP test1 track.... it's not using the test1 settings.

When in DSP studio.. .and LOAD test1, it does not load the prior settings I saved.  The equalizer still shows flat.

Do I need to uninstall AutoEq?   Where is the option to uninstall a plug in?  AutoEq has been uninstalled.

I still don't see how to get saved DSP settings to work.  What am I missing?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Loading DSP Settings
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 10:52:41 pm »

Okay I showed the DSP column and set my test1 setting for a track... it shows.. but it does not work.  The test1 has almost all of the lower sliders down all the way (for testing).  I switch tracks and then back to the DSP test1 track.... it's not using the test1 settings.

When in DSP studio.. .and LOAD test1, it does not load the prior settings I saved.  The equalizer still shows flat.

Do I need to uninstall AutoEq?   Where is the option to uninstall a plug in?  AutoEq has been uninstalled.

I still don't see how to get saved DSP settings to work.  What am I missing?

You may need to click off and click back on the effect after a load.

DoubtingThomas

Loading DSP Settings
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 09:49:06 am »

You may need to click off and click back on the effect after a load.

Matt, I can't figure out what I might be doing wrong.  I have saved a DSP setting "test1" using a bad EQ curve so it's instantly heard.  Then I set that DSP setting in the DSP field in a track in playing now, and when I play that track the DSP setting is not used.

In DSP Studio if I load "test1" I don't see the eq values I saved.  Yes I need to click off and back to the eq to redraw it, but the saved eq setting is not shown.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Loading DSP Settings
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2014, 10:31:11 am »

Matt, I can't figure out what I might be doing wrong.  I have saved a DSP setting "test1" using a bad EQ curve so it's instantly heard.  Then I set that DSP setting in the DSP field in a track in playing now, and when I play that track the DSP setting is not used.

In DSP Studio if I load "test1" I don't see the eq values I saved.  Yes I need to click off and back to the eq to redraw it, but the saved eq setting is not shown.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

I think the EQ settings aren't loading/saving properly.

Next build:
Fixed: Loading equalizer settings from a DSP preset wouldn't work reliably.
Pages: [1]   Go Up