INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id Questions?  (Read 370460 times)

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Id Questions?
« Reply #900 on: March 06, 2018, 09:22:37 am »

Not a Pi, it's a Intel NUC Id. Same problem off MacBook Pro MC23.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #901 on: March 06, 2018, 09:44:16 am »

Sorry.  I missed that.

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #902 on: March 06, 2018, 10:28:11 am »

If you PM me with your email I can send you the example file I sent to Project which has a timing and audible glitch 18 seconds in.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #903 on: March 08, 2018, 11:47:14 am »

Not a Pi, it's a Intel NUC Id. Same problem off MacBook Pro MC23.
Since you said it glitches in AIFF 44.1k on the MacBook Pro with MC23 as well, I'd suggest playing the same file back using iTunes on the MacBook to see if it glitches there.

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #904 on: March 09, 2018, 03:09:24 am »

Played file through MacBook and iTunes and got same glitch through USB but not when playing iTunes through headphones. Could this be DAC related on USB?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #905 on: March 12, 2018, 10:24:06 am »

Played file through MacBook and iTunes and got same glitch through USB but not when playing iTunes through headphones. Could this be DAC related on USB?
It sounds like it.
Can you check for a DAC firmware update?

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #906 on: March 12, 2018, 11:25:35 am »

Project sent me a firmware update to enable the Id to recognise the DAC but they say they do nougat the issue running MC23 on windows with the example file I sent them. But all in all up-sampling 44.1 to 88.2 eliminates the issue on both the MacBook Pro USB and Id USB so this fix is ok for the moment.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
« Reply #907 on: March 16, 2018, 07:16:44 am »

Import question: After configuring auto-import on the Id, setting the folder to watch, etc., there's no way to "force" import of new tracks added to the watch folder, is there?

Let's say there was a hot new album release. I add the files to my NAS, in the watch folder. I have to wait until Id runs its processes? Is there a way - from the client - to force that process? I'd rather not detach the Id from its perch, bring it upstairs, power it back up, plug it into a keyboard/mouse/ethernet/HDMI-to-the-TV and choose "import" each time I want to refresh... can I reboot the Id? Will that force it?

BradATIMA

« Reply #908 on: March 16, 2018, 07:50:01 am »

Import question: After configuring auto-import on the Id, setting the folder to watch, etc., there's no way to "force" import of new tracks added to the watch folder, is there?

Let's say there was a hot new album release. I add the files to my NAS, in the watch folder. I have to wait until Id runs its processes? Is there a way - from the client - to force that process? I'd rather not detach the Id from its perch, bring it upstairs, power it back up, plug it into a keyboard/mouse/ethernet/HDMI-to-the-TV and choose "import" each time I want to refresh... can I reboot the Id? Will that force it?

If the Id isn't automatically importing files recently added to watched folders, one thing you can do is manually run auto-import with Tools -> Import... -> Run Auto-Import Now. To do this without having to connect the Id to a monitor or keyboard, you can connect to the Id remotely with Remote Desktop or VNC. If you have a Windows 10 machine, Remote Desktop is probably the easiest way. With either method, you really just need to provide the internal IP address of the Id and click connect. It will ask you for the remote access password. By default, it's "remote".

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #909 on: March 16, 2018, 08:07:44 am »

Thanks for the reply! I just tried, but got errors - Remote Access (Win10) only wants https, and when I try that, it returns an error also. Boy, this would save a ton of trouble... I love the idea. If you have an idea how to fix this, I'm all ears!

BradATIMA

« Reply #910 on: March 16, 2018, 08:25:44 am »

Thanks for the reply! I just tried, but got errors - Remote Access (Win10) only wants https, and when I try that, it returns an error also. Boy, this would save a ton of trouble... I love the idea. If you have an idea how to fix this, I'm all ears!

You mentioned Remote Access, so I just wanted to be clear on something. Are you running the Remote Desktop Connection app on Windows? The easiest way to find it is to type "remote" in the search bar. The only thing it should need is the IP address, such as 192.168.x.x.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #911 on: March 16, 2018, 08:36:33 am »

Yes, under Win10. When launched, it accurately displays that "There are currently no connections available on this computer." So I choose "Access RemoteApp and desktops" in the upper left corner. The result is the attached dialog box.

Simply typing an IP address immediately returns an error - doesn't even try to connect. It needs an email address, or "https://[IP address]" or it won't work. I tried "http://" plus the IP address, but it reinforces the need for https.

Am I doing it wrong? I just accepted the Win10 update that appeared 2 days ago.

BradATIMA

« Reply #912 on: March 16, 2018, 09:11:23 am »

Yes, under Win10. When launched, it accurately displays that "There are currently no connections available on this computer." So I choose "Access RemoteApp and desktops" in the upper left corner. The result is the attached dialog box.

Simply typing an IP address immediately returns an error - doesn't even try to connect. It needs an email address, or "https://[IP address]" or it won't work. I tried "http://" plus the IP address, but it reinforces the need for https.

Am I doing it wrong? I just accepted the Win10 update that appeared 2 days ago.

That is not the Remote Desktop Connection app. In the Windows search bar, if you type in "remote desktop" at the top it should display "Remote Desktop Connection" and it will show it as a desktop app. Otherwise, you should be able to find a shortcut here: <OS Drive>:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories, or in the Windows Accessories folder in the start menu. I believe it is installed by default on any Windows 10 distribution.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #913 on: March 16, 2018, 01:52:44 pm »

OMG! THIS WORKS GREAT!!! :o

Thank you!

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #914 on: March 28, 2018, 08:59:31 am »

Project sent me a firmware update to enable the Id to recognise the DAC but they say they do not get the issue running MC23 on windows with the file I sent them. But all in all up-sampling 44.1 to 88.2 eliminates the issue on both the MacBook Pro USB and Id USB so this fix is ok for the moment.
An Update :-
I went to my local dealer and we experimented playing 44.1 files through the usb from my mac to their Project DS2 Ultra and we replicated the glitches which we all agreed were due to loss of timing control but eliminated them by outputting at 88.2. Outputting at 48 still replicated the problems.
We then played the same files output at 44.1 through a Chord Hugo 2 and no timing issues or glitches occurred.
The dealer, now having witnessed the issues, are hopefully contacting Project to look again at the USB timing issue at both 44.1 and 48.

kcowell1163

« Reply #915 on: April 19, 2018, 12:00:49 pm »

I have 2 licenses for MC. A master license for my computer and one for the Id I purchased over a year ago. I would like to restore my license for the Id. I used the restore option but the wrong license was restored. How do I get the license for the Id restored? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #916 on: April 19, 2018, 01:27:26 pm »

On the Id itself, use the text menu to enter the license.  The Id license is only good for one machine, the one it was first installed on.

kcowell1163

« Reply #917 on: April 19, 2018, 02:46:17 pm »

I get the message: "Your license is for a different product" when I enter the license number that came with the Id. I updated the Id from MC20 to MC22 after I received it. I have the email with this message when I updated:

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to this e-mail.  (See below for more information.)

You have recently restored a licence for Media Center 22 Id. There are 10 restores available in each 12 month period.  There are 9 restores remaining at this time.

The restore activates Media Center and installs the license automatically.

The Install Key is attached to this email.  It is valid for 14 days.  To install on another PC, transfer the Install Key to the PC, make sure the correct version of Media Center is installed, then execute the Install Key by double clicking on it.

After 14 days, if you need an Install Key, you can use your Registration Code to do so
by visiting this page:
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi

For more information on licensing, please visit:
http://www.jriver.com/purchase.html

Support is available online at Interact:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact

Best Wishes,

The Media Center Team

Do I need another restore key and if so how do I enter it on the Id?
Thanks

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #918 on: April 19, 2018, 04:02:22 pm »

It looks like you found and installed the MC22 Id key so we'll call this one "case closed"

uragon

« Reply #919 on: June 30, 2018, 09:59:18 pm »

Hi Bob,

Im currently using i2s from allo in raspberry pi called Digione.
Digione has received allot of postive reviews. Can I use the  JRiver id baked sd card with this device?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #920 on: July 02, 2018, 11:16:01 am »

Hi Bob,

Digione has received allot of postive reviews. Can I use the  JRiver id baked sd card with this device?
MC only opens ALSA devices.
If the allo card has a ALSA driver I'd think it'd work.

mateo

• Recent member
« Reply #921 on: July 05, 2018, 04:14:13 pm »

I somehow lost the ability to play music on my Id using MC23.  Playback Options for the Id zone say "Audio settings for the Library Server must be configured on the server."  What does that mean?  I attached a monitor to the Id and I can play music from there, but I don't know what to configure so I can play from MC23.   

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #922 on: July 09, 2018, 12:13:49 pm »

I somehow lost the ability to play music on my Id using MC23.  Playback Options for the Id zone say "Audio settings for the Library Server must be configured on the server."  What does that mean?  I attached a monitor to the Id and I can play music from there, but I don't know what to configure so I can play from MC23.   
"Playback Options for the Id zone say "Audio settings for the Library Server must be configured on the server."
I assume you are getting that when you try to change zone entries on the for the Id as a zone on your MC23 (windows or Mac)?

Can you elaborate on how you are playing to the Id?
Gizmo, JRemote, library server client, etc?

mateo

• Recent member
« Reply #923 on: July 24, 2018, 07:10:48 pm »

Sure, I have the Id hooked up to a home stereo DAC via USB, and I am playing MC23 off my PC laptop.  The network connection between the Id and laptop is fine because it recognizes it, I can drill down into the audio files and can play them off my laptop speakers.  But when I try to play to "There" (which worked for 6 months) it plays the file but no sound comes out.  In the MC23 app under Tools->Options->Audio is where that error is listed.  Any ideas??     

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #924 on: July 24, 2018, 11:34:36 pm »

Can you play directly from the Id?  Did you try audio setup on the Id itself?
Volume?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #925 on: July 26, 2018, 10:36:12 am »

Sure, I have the Id hooked up to a home stereo DAC via USB, and I am playing MC23 off my PC laptop.  The network connection between the Id and laptop is fine because it recognizes it, I can drill down into the audio files and can play them off my laptop speakers.  But when I try to play to "There" (which worked for 6 months) it plays the file but no sound comes out.  In the MC23 app under Tools->Options->Audio is where that error is listed.  Any ideas??   
Run the alsamixer command from the Id text menu and see if the device is muted.
MC on linux is unable to handle all of the mixer combinations since they are done inconsistently between different ALSA devices.
You can also check in MC on the Id to make sure mute is off for the device and that you are using internal volume.

mateo

• Recent member
« Reply #926 on: July 30, 2018, 09:11:15 am »

I can play directly from the Id, yes.  When I hook up a monitor I can play from MC on the Id, and Audio settings are as expected.  It's just on my Windows PC that I get that error. 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #927 on: July 30, 2018, 11:11:30 am »

I can play directly from the Id, yes.  When I hook up a monitor I can play from MC on the Id, and Audio settings are as expected.  It's just on my Windows PC that I get that error.
Since you have a
There: zone
that  implies you have a library server client setup.
Which device is the client and which is the server?

t.mauery

• Recent member
« Reply #928 on: July 31, 2018, 09:59:44 pm »

Hi Bob,

My experience is no. I've got a digione and the IdPi SD card doesn't recognize it.
Emotiva XSP-1 Gen2 | Parasound Halo A23 | Schiit Gungnir Multi-bit | Tascam CD-240
RaspPi 4B 8GB | Allo DigiOne Signature | JRiver Media Center 26
Salk Silk AT | SVS SB13 Ultra

mateo

• Recent member
« Reply #929 on: August 01, 2018, 07:14:52 pm »

The Id is the server, and my Windows laptop running MC23 is the client.  But somehow I lost the zone to play the Id to the stereo using MC23 to run it.  If I attach a monitor to the Id I can play directly to the stereo.  I don't think its the DAC driver because it reads the files off the Id via USB.  I'm obviously a terrible tech guy so sorry if this is confusing, but thanks for the help.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #930 on: August 02, 2018, 09:36:12 am »

The Id is the server, and my Windows laptop running MC23 is the client.  But somehow I lost the zone to play the Id to the stereo using MC23 to run it.  If I attach a monitor to the Id I can play directly to the stereo.  I don't think its the DAC driver because it reads the files off the Id via USB.  I'm obviously a terrible tech guy so sorry if this is confusing, but thanks for the help.
If other
There:
zones show up it possible that the zone is just hidden on your laptop.
RIght-click on the player zone on the laptop and do show/hide zone. Check under show to see if your missing zone is there.

If that's not it, check to make sure on the Id under Media Network->Advanced that all 3 checkboxes for DLNA controller, server and renderer are checked.

mateo

• Recent member
« Reply #931 on: August 03, 2018, 09:23:19 am »

Dang it, that worked!  The zone "There" was giving me that error message.  But there was a hidden zone "There:There" that does work.  Confusing, but I should have found that.  ::) Thanks for the help.

GaryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #932 on: August 24, 2018, 01:07:14 pm »

Any idea when we might see an update to the Nuc Id’s? Looking forward to streaming options and Radio JRiver..

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #933 on: August 24, 2018, 02:57:59 pm »

We have server problems at the moment and that has a higher priority.

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #934 on: August 30, 2018, 08:02:19 am »

I am thinking the ID may work with my setup, but I'm not very computer savvy. My set up now is:
MC23 on win10 laptop
Music files on a Toshiba canvio 2TB ext HD
PS Audio LanRover between laptop and Oppo 205 USB DAC in. The LanRover allows for conversion of usb to network and back to usb signal. I use it because of the distance between my laptop and the Oppo. I would like to remove the LanRover from the equation.

If I use the ID can I:
connect the external HD to the usb on the ID for file storage and connect the second usb out to the Oppo ?? How many usb ports on the ID. The pictures on your website don't show this clearly.
Can I use my laptop running MC23 to control the ID ??
If not can I use the 2TB ID to store and play music using MC23 on my laptop to run the ID??
Since I'm using the DAC on the Oppo, would the ID PI work better??

BradATIMA

« Reply #935 on: August 30, 2018, 09:58:33 am »

If I use the ID can I:
connect the external HD to the usb on the ID for file storage and connect the second usb out to the Oppo ?? How many usb ports on the ID. The pictures on your website don't show this clearly.
Can I use my laptop running MC23 to control the ID ??
If not can I use the 2TB ID to store and play music using MC23 on my laptop to run the ID??
Since I'm using the DAC on the Oppo, would the ID PI work better??

Yes. The IdNUC has 4 USB 3.0 port (2 in front and 2 in back). The IdPi has 4 USB 2.0 ports.

You can control it with your laptop multiple ways. You can use a remote desktop or VNC client to connect to it remotely. You could use the MC23 version on the laptop and have it load the Id library. You could also use an app like JRemote or Gizmo and control it with a mobile device. Or, you could just open up Panel in a web browser.

The IdNUC will have better performance. With the IdPi, the USB ports all share a single controller. Connecting a USB DAC and a USB drive might cause bandwidth issues, depending on the types of files you're playing.

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #936 on: August 30, 2018, 11:32:45 am »

What do you mean by idNUC ?
Is that the the id with 2TB storage?

BradATIMA

« Reply #937 on: August 30, 2018, 12:45:28 pm »

What do you mean by idNUC ?
Is that the the id with 2TB storage?

The IdNUC is the Id built on an Intel NUC. You can find more information here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113878.0.html
It can either have a 120GB SSD or a 2TB hard drive.

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #938 on: August 30, 2018, 02:28:48 pm »

I'm a geezer, not a computer guy, so if I could get some answers in geezer-ese, please, before I order.
1-Will it automatically get, or allow me to download the Oppo usb driver onto it?
2-Since I've spent a fair amount of time 'tagging' my music on MC23 I don't want to have to do it all again. Will I be able to export my library (with all my tags) to it?
3-You said I could open up 'Panel' in my web browser. Is that the similar to the GUI I see when I open MC23? Can I access 'Audio,Artists, playlists, etc. and choose what to play from there on my laptop? And control play/pause/skip, etc from my laptop? Can I control it from my laptop, but have all the files stored in the ID and have no hardwire connection between my laptop and the ID, but still control the playback from my laptop thru my network?
4-Is there any advantage to having the built in 2TB storage over an external HD? Is that what you were referring to with the bandwidth issues?
5- Can it play DSD files or are they converted to PCM?

Sorry for being a PITA, but when you all start talking about NAS, SMB, etc., I'm clueless.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #939 on: August 30, 2018, 03:50:30 pm »

I can't answer all of them (and I'm sure Jim, Bob, Brad and the rest of the JRiver staff can answer better), but these ones I probably can...

1. Depends, does Oppo have a driver for Linux (as I believe the Id runs Linux and not Windows)? If not and the Oppo supports USB Audio Class 2.0 with USB, it might already have native support in Linux and won't need a driver (which probably won't be useful in the first place, since ASIO isn't available in Linux).
2. I'd recommend running the Update tags (from library) option and doing a library backup: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Backup
3. Panel looks like this in a web browser: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,115638.0.html And more-or-less, you should be able to do all that.
5. Depends if the DAC you connect to the Id supports native DSD or DSD over PCM (DoP) with USB and/or supports DSD over DLNA (DoPE) and you enable DSD bitstreaming. It's worth noting though that I don't believe an Id (or any Intel NUC or Raspberry Pi for that matter) is powerful enough to convert DSD to PCM on-the-fly, especially multichannel DSD to PCM, as that's one of the most resource intensive operations MC does. It's probably best to avoid converting DSD to PCM if you can, otherwise you'll probably run into issues.

It'd also help to know which Oppo you're using to help answer 1 and 5 better.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones

BradATIMA

« Reply #940 on: August 30, 2018, 04:18:31 pm »

1-Will it automatically get, or allow me to download the Oppo usb driver onto it?

The Id's use a Linux operating system, so if the DAC supports Linux, there is no need to download a driver. The Oppo UDP 205 appears to support Linux.

2-Since I've spent a fair amount of time 'tagging' my music on MC23 I don't want to have to do it all again. Will I be able to export my library (with all my tags) to it?

You can, but moving a library from Windows to an Id can be messy. I think an easier option is to use the Id purely as a renderer. In this case, you connect the Id to your network and the USB DAC. Just leave the external hard drive where it is (I assume it's connected to the laptop).

Once the Id is connected and powered on, boot the Id into GUI mode (option 1 in the main menu), or connect to it remotely. Then configure Media Center to output through the DAC the same way you would in Windows (Tools -> Options -> Audio). You will see a lot of choices for the audio device, so you might need to try a few different options. You should be able to tell which options are the USB DAC by the name. Try an option that begins with "hw:" first.

Then, from Media Center on your laptop, the Id will show up as a playback zone in the list on the left side. To play music to it, from Media Center on your laptop, right-click a file/album/playlist and select: Send To -> Play (<Whatever the Id name is, usually something like Id-XXXXXXXXXXXX>) -> Play.

3-You said I could open up 'Panel' in my web browser. Is that the similar to the GUI I see when I open MC23? Can I access 'Audio,Artists, playlists, etc. and choose what to play from there on my laptop? And control play/pause/skip, etc from my laptop?

Panel looks different than the Media Center interface, but it's made to be simple to use. There is nothing extra to download or install. It's a full interface, so you can play/pause/skip audio, images, and videos in your library, and you can run Panel on any device that has a web browser. You can find instructions for it here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,116687.msg806546.html#msg806546

Can I control it from my laptop, but have all the files stored in the ID and have no hardwire connection between my laptop and the ID, but still control the playback from my laptop thru my network?

You don't need to have a hardwired connection between your laptop and the Id; however, the Id and your laptop need to be connected to your network to communicate, either by ethernet or WiFi.

4-Is there any advantage to having the built in 2TB storage over an external HD? Is that what you were referring to with the bandwidth issues?

First of all, the built in 2TB drive only comes with the IdNUC. The USB bandwidth issue is mainly for the IdPi, not the IdNUC.

To answer the question, kind of. There is an advantage to internal drives over USB drives. The internal drive uses SATA III which has more bandwidth, but you probably won't notice the difference, especially if the USB drive is USB 3.0.

That being said, if you decide to use the Id purely as a renderer, you won't need the 2TB built in drive.

5- Can it play DSD files or are they converted to PCM?

I think Awesome Donkey put it a lot better. It depends on what the DAC supports.

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #941 on: August 30, 2018, 04:43:52 pm »

Awesome Donkey- It's a UDP-205. And thanks.

BradATIMA- thanks for the detailed answers. Think I'll give it a try.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #942 on: August 31, 2018, 03:01:06 pm »

Currently the only direct DSD format supported in MC linux is DSD_U32_BE
It's been tested successfully with an iFi Nano iDSD LE

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #943 on: September 05, 2018, 02:21:15 pm »

First of all, a big thanks to Jim H for helping me get the Id ordered. It should be here Friday. I still have some questions.

I'm running MC23 and I was able to get Panel running and it should be fine for my purposes IF:
-Can I setup Panel as a program on my laptop? Will I be able to download it as a program so that I have an icon on my homescreen or will I need to connect to it every time with the key code? Can I download the app to my laptop? If so where do I get it?
-The ordering page for the Id states that 'A license for Media Center is included.' Is that for 24?
-It also states that MC24 or Media Server is needed to run Panel. Is Media Server included with the Id? What exactly is Media Server?
-When I was doing some trials with using MC as a renderer today using wi-fi (and I assume a network connection) I was only able to get my AIF 192/24 files to be sent as mpeg 48/24. I want to get my files to the Oppo's USB/DAC in the form they are recorded on my external HD.
To do this I would like to use Panel to control playback. If I connect my external HD to the Id by USB for music files, and connect the Id to my Oppo's USB/DAC will I be able to send my files as recorded controlling with Panel from my laptop?
-In the Id setup instructions it states to: "Connect an Ethernet cable (network), USB keyboard, power, and audio output (USB, HDMI, or 1/8" stereo analog).
It is recommended that you use an HDMI monitor for setup"
I have everything but a USB keyboard. Can I connect a USB cable from my laptop to the Id and use its keyboard?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #944 on: September 05, 2018, 02:45:41 pm »

You can run Panel on any device by using your browser.  Once connected, you can drag the link to your desktop.  I set my home button to open the link.

Media Server is part of Media Center.  You could read about it on the wiki.

On the server, you can set conversion for the DLNA Server that you use.

Yes, Panel can control playback.

You could use another machine by using a remote desktop program.  USB keyboards are pretty inexpensive and handy to have.

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #945 on: September 06, 2018, 10:32:00 am »

I'm not sure this question was answered. If so I didn't understand.

When I was doing some trials with using MC as a renderer today using wi-fi (and I assume a network connection) I was only able to get my AIF 192/24 files to be sent as mpeg 48/24. I want to get my files to the Oppo's USB/DAC in the same form they are recorded on my external HD.
To do this I would like to use Panel to control playback.
If I connect my external HD to the Id by USB for music files, and thenconnect the Id to my Oppo's USB/DAC will I be able to send my files as recorded in hi-rez from the external HD, controlling playback with Panel from my laptop?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #946 on: September 06, 2018, 11:08:21 am »

Conversion is set on the server under Media Network.

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #947 on: September 06, 2018, 12:04:51 pm »

Will this connection work?

Will I be able to choose the file I want to play (44.1/16 to 192/24) in Panel on my laptop, send the command (I assume thru the network connection) to the Id, have that file accessed in the 2TB external HD connected directly to the Id, and have that file sent out unaltered to the Oppo's USB/DAC directly from the Id??

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #948 on: September 06, 2018, 01:24:54 pm »

Yes.

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #949 on: September 07, 2018, 10:50:31 am »

You could use the MC23 version on the laptop and have it load the Id library.  Or, you could just open up Panel in a web browser

Is this if I'm using the Id as a renderer?
If so how would I load the MC23 library to the Id?
I did not get the 2TB Id, will the library fit onto the regular Id?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 26   Go Up