INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id Questions?  (Read 370380 times)

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Id Questions?
« Reply #1050 on: January 29, 2019, 11:34:31 am »

Bob: apologies for dlna list - mixed up messages

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1051 on: January 29, 2019, 11:46:05 am »

and etcher works fine on usb sticks

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1052 on: January 29, 2019, 12:17:37 pm »

And the usb connection to the DAC just dropped out.  The desktop gui shows tracks still playing but no audio out.  Unplug the usb and plug it back in, and the DAC shows live connection but the playback on the gui has stopped. Hit the play button, the connection drops again but the gui shows as playing.  Hit the stop playing button. Plug the usb connection into a different socket on the id, shows connected, hit the play button the gui, connection drops.  Optical connection still playing fine all through. 

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #1053 on: January 30, 2019, 10:42:08 am »

And the usb connection to the DAC just dropped out.  The desktop gui shows tracks still playing but no audio out.  Unplug the usb and plug it back in, and the DAC shows live connection but the playback on the gui has stopped. Hit the play button, the connection drops again but the gui shows as playing.  Hit the stop playing button. Plug the usb connection into a different socket on the id, shows connected, hit the play button the gui, connection drops.  Optical connection still playing fine all through.
When the USB DAC device drops out of ALSA, the audio configuration in MC automatically drops back to the default device for that zone so you'd probably need to reselect the DAC in MC's audio options.

emcee2

• Recent member
« Reply #1054 on: January 31, 2019, 03:42:13 pm »

Confirmation please ...

MC24 on Win 10 computer as a DLNA server (zone=player).  Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ serving as a headless renderer (zone=office).  Control of B+ via 'player' and direct access to B+ via Remote Desktop.  Works great !!!

I have read many times that, although the B+ can function as a DLNA server (as well as a renderer), the B+ canNOT provide streaming.  Got it.  The B+ canNOT initiate streams.  However, I cannot get my PC-MC24-server-based streams to play through my B+ renderer into the "office" zone. 

Questions ...

1)  Is that expected behavior -- that, when you said that the B+ cannot handle streaming, you really, realy meant it ;-) ? 

... that for any 'zone' for which you want to 'share' streams from a central MC24 control point, I need a dedicated PC (or, in all events, something more powerful that my B+)?  or,

2)  Do I just require a larger and more powerful Id? or,

3)  Am I doing something wrong?

thanx! for the continued support and patience ....

emcee2

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #1055 on: January 31, 2019, 04:12:04 pm »

Confirmation please ...

MC24 on Win 10 computer as a DLNA server (zone=player).  Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ serving as a headless renderer (zone=office).  Control of B+ via 'player' and direct access to B+ via Remote Desktop.  Works great !!!

I have read many times that, although the B+ can function as a DLNA server (as well as a renderer), the B+ canNOT provide streaming.  Got it.  The B+ canNOT initiate streams.  However, I cannot get my PC-MC24-server-based streams to play through my B+ renderer into the "office" zone. 

Questions ...

1)  Is that expected behavior -- that, when you said that the B+ cannot handle streaming, you really, realy meant it ;-) ? 

... that for any 'zone' for which you want to 'share' streams from a central MC24 control point, I need a dedicated PC (or, in all events, something more powerful that my B+)?  or,

2)  Do I just require a larger and more powerful Id? or,

3)  Am I doing something wrong?

thanx! for the continued support and patience ....

emcee2
You office zone in general should be set to Original Format for the DLNA server on the Win10 MC.

Streams may or may not play. It depends on the stream. If they are playing back in a browser windows (like Radio Swiss ...) it will not play in a remote zone.

What type of stream(s) are you trying to play?

emcee2

• Recent member
« Reply #1056 on: January 31, 2019, 04:35:08 pm »

thanx! Bob ...

DLNA in both the PC MC and the B+ renderer are set to "Original"  -- is that OK?

The only streams I am playing with right now are audio streams from the MC24  "Streaming" main tab with the 19 tile links of which most are audio 'stations.'  So, for example, RadioTunes or Soma or DI or podcasts. 

Should these streams work through the Id B+ on the remote system? (not including streams playing back in a browser window)

What are the characteristics of the type of audio streams ('stations') should I be seeking to work with/through the B+?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #1057 on: January 31, 2019, 07:15:19 pm »

thanx! Bob ...

DLNA in both the PC MC and the B+ renderer are set to "Original"  -- is that OK?

The only streams I am playing with right now are audio streams from the MC24  "Streaming" main tab with the 19 tile links of which most are audio 'stations.'  So, for example, RadioTunes or Soma or DI or podcasts. 

Should these streams work through the Id B+ on the remote system? (not including streams playing back in a browser window)

What are the characteristics of the type of audio streams ('stations') should I be seeking to work with/through the B+?
As far as I know the Radio JRiver and Radio Paradise are the streams that should work.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1058 on: February 05, 2019, 10:57:16 am »

Bob: I parked the drop out problem and converted the NUC to wireless but that proved v.problematic/slow but now I'm struggling to get it back to wired setup in spite of numerous attempts.  Is there a fail safe way to achieve that as a first step and then I can get back to running the repair attempt...

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #1059 on: February 05, 2019, 04:12:46 pm »

Bob: I parked the drop out problem and converted the NUC to wireless but that proved v.problematic/slow but now I'm struggling to get it back to wired setup in spite of numerous attempts.  Is there a fail safe way to achieve that as a first step and then I can get back to running the repair attempt...
Hi Michael,
Run the network manager either in text or gui mode and go to the wireless network CONFIG and unclick the checkbox "automatically connect"
You can also set the default profile CONFIG to "use as default profile"

If you are doing this in text mode be sure to hit S for save.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1060 on: February 15, 2019, 10:43:09 am »

Bob: Struggling with this.  'Could not connect to wicd's D-Bus interface': error message got when trying to open the network manager.  Also tried running the repair but couldn't get it started with the F10 key. 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #1061 on: February 15, 2019, 11:55:20 am »

Bob: Struggling with this.  'Could not connect to wicd's D-Bus interface': error message got when trying to open the network manager.  Also tried running the repair but couldn't get it started with the F10 key.
Not sure about the wicd issue.
As for the repair, have you reset the bios settings to the Id defaults? (NOT bios defaults)
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110326.msg826271.html#msg826271

MLD

« Reply #1062 on: February 24, 2019, 10:39:29 am »

Hello, when I download a new music album (e.g. from HDTracks) I import it into Media Center on my Win10 laptop, edit the tags, etc. if necessary, and then copy the folder across my LAN to the internal drive in my NUC Id.  A few minutes later the new album will show in Gizmo.  Well, that's how it used to work, but no longer.  (I ran option 12 to get the latest version of MC on my Id.)  Can you help please?

BradATIMA

« Reply #1063 on: February 25, 2019, 08:27:19 am »

Hello, when I download a new music album (e.g. from HDTracks) I import it into Media Center on my Win10 laptop, edit the tags, etc. if necessary, and then copy the folder across my LAN to the internal drive in my NUC Id.  A few minutes later the new album will show in Gizmo.  Well, that's how it used to work, but no longer.  (I ran option 12 to get the latest version of MC on my Id.)  Can you help please?

Check to make sure that there are still watch folders configured (Tools -> Import -> Configure Auto-Import). If it's empty, you'll need to set up the folders to watch again.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1064 on: March 08, 2019, 09:35:05 am »

Bob: back on the case here.  Have managed to get the Id operating again although it's come back with a new Access Key. 
The dropping of the USB connection remains an issue so I'm going to start over with downloading/installing repair program.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #1065 on: March 08, 2019, 04:24:16 pm »

Bob: back on the case here.  Have managed to get the Id operating again although it's come back with a new Access Key. 
The dropping of the USB connection remains an issue so I'm going to start over with downloading/installing repair program.
The linux version tends to get new access keys on the smallest of changes. If you wanted to keep an old one you can restore a backup and choose to restore settings as well when you do that...

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1066 on: May 18, 2019, 03:52:07 am »

Hi Bob - thanks for sending back the Id. FYI,  I replaced the Id with a mac mini running JRiver 25 to make sure there was no issue with the DAC itself - worked perfectly, no dropping the usb connection during a 12 hour run.  So it doesn't appear that there's any issue with the DAC or usb cable which maybe suggests there's something 'different' about the Id's response within the setup.  Stopping playback and reconnecting the usb cable to the Id usually seems to get it going again. It also looks as if the drop off is more likely triggered if I'm making selection changes on the gui.  I use a Naim streamer and a Chromecast on the DAC with S/PDIF and optical connections without any playback issue as well but for testing purposes I run the Id with nothing else connected to the DAC.  One comment I had back from Benchmark was to make sure the OS is not set to turn off USB port to save power - don't remember seeing that option?

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1067 on: May 18, 2019, 05:31:37 am »

Reading your thread it reminds me of issues I had with the Id and my Project DacBox DS2 Ultra which initially wouldn't play the Id via USB. Project then sent me upgraded firmware which let the USB output work with the Id but with numerous issues including spurious muting of the DAC during playback which could only be un-muted by turning off the Id and then re powering the DAC and getting another source playing through the DAC before restarting the Id. This went on for months until eventually Project upgraded the firmware yet again which fixed all of the issues that I experienced. Just a thought, have you confirmed with Benchmark that you have the latest firmware and USB settings for your DAC?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #1068 on: May 20, 2019, 09:16:48 am »

Hi Bob - thanks for sending back the Id. FYI,  I replaced the Id with a mac mini running JRiver 25 to make sure there was no issue with the DAC itself - worked perfectly, no dropping the usb connection during a 12 hour run.  So it doesn't appear that there's any issue with the DAC or usb cable which maybe suggests there's something 'different' about the Id's response within the setup.  Stopping playback and reconnecting the usb cable to the Id usually seems to get it going again. It also looks as if the drop off is more likely triggered if I'm making selection changes on the gui.  I use a Naim streamer and a Chromecast on the DAC with S/PDIF and optical connections without any playback issue as well but for testing purposes I run the Id with nothing else connected to the DAC.  One comment I had back from Benchmark was to make sure the OS is not set to turn off USB port to save power - don't remember seeing that option?

I would check the firmware as HS12 says. There could be something that just works differently in Linux since the audio driver stack is completely different in Mac.
The Id OS won't disable USB and it won't sleep the ports (unless you perhaps modified the bios config). Still it played out the USB to a Dac for a week here.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1069 on: May 23, 2019, 04:46:45 am »

Bob, HS12, thanks for the feedback.  Benchmark confirm that the DAC has latest firmware.  As noted earlier, playback from other devices via usb and other inputs is problem free.  I just tried it again.  First had to re-insert DAC connection into a different usb socket ( the other one dropped as soon as I hit the play button).  Started a playlist and then kept selecting next track.  Worked fine for about six selections then dropped the connection.  If I just let the playlist run without interference it might go for an hour or two or much less.  It's difficult to identify the exact cause of the problem. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #1070 on: May 23, 2019, 05:24:07 am »

If the Id is powering your DAC, you may need a better power supply.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/power/README.md

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1071 on: May 23, 2019, 06:37:43 am »

The Benchmark DAC has its own power supply Jim.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #1072 on: May 23, 2019, 07:46:29 am »

Is anything else plugged into the USB ports on the Pi?  Power is weak on the Pi.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1073 on: May 23, 2019, 07:50:34 am »

It's a NUC Jim. It's connected to monitor, keyboard and mouse some of the time while I'm troubleshooting but that's all.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #1074 on: May 23, 2019, 08:46:04 am »

Sorry.  Have you tried different ports on the NUC?  Depending on the model, some may be USB 2.0 and some USB 3.0.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1075 on: May 23, 2019, 08:52:54 am »

I've tried them all in the past but am having another go at them now.  The Benchmark is set to manage 2.0 or 3.0. 

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1076 on: May 23, 2019, 12:55:35 pm »

Another couple of thoughts: -
In tools/options/audio device have you tried different usb sound card options?
On the Benchmark DAC have you experimented swapping between USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 modes to see what happens?

USB
Selects USB input.
Press and hold the USB button for 3 seconds to toggle between the USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 modes.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1077 on: May 24, 2019, 01:46:35 am »

Yep, been through them all.  I've now connected via optical and so far it's entirely stable, no matter how much chopping and changing I do on the gui.  In USB mode, the Benchmark recognises the stream's sample rate etc, plays for a while (sometimes a little, sometimes a lot) and then connection drops.  It happens much more quickly if I start selecting tracks or moving through a playlist. 

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1078 on: May 25, 2019, 01:37:20 am »

Both my friend and I are using the Id NUC as the core of our Hi Fi. In both systems we have our music stored on WD MyCloud NAS drives connected by ethernet to a network switch and the Id connected to the switch by ethernet. We have different DAC's, mine being the Project DS2 Ultra which initially had firmware issues on USB, but those are mainly resolved, but not perfect and my friend uses a Hegel HD30 which is totally stable and issue free on USB.
There is however a difference in how our network switches are connected to the internet. Mine is connected by ethernet directly to the router and my friend has his connected via an airport express wireless connection to the router.
Initially my friend kept suffering dropouts. This was eventually resolved by moving the airport express directly over the router so it had the strongest signal and using a long ethernet cable from the airport to the switch.
This resolved the dropout issue. One can assume that these observations that an unstable internet connection severely affects the network that the Id is trying to play through.
I hope this helps.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1079 on: May 25, 2019, 02:29:37 am »

In my case, the Id holds the music files and the connection is direct to the DAC - either USB (the problematic one) or Optical.  In all other respects, the Id functions correctly. 

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1080 on: May 25, 2019, 04:06:02 am »

I think it is indicating that the Benchmark DAC firmware as it stands is not currently comfortable with the Id USB connection if the optical plays fine without glitches and drop outs. This was how my project DAC was pre firmware updates.

I initially tore my hair out with my issues but I am so pleased that I persevered with the Id and tweaked the storage, network, power supplies and cabling to now have a playback system that now equals or totally out performs major manufacturers' propriety digital playback systems I have auditioned, without breaking the bank.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1081 on: May 25, 2019, 04:08:50 am »

Indeed!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #1082 on: May 25, 2019, 06:13:15 am »

... I am so pleased that I persevered with the Id and tweaked the storage, network, power supplies and cabling to now have a playback system that now equals or totally out performs major manufacturers' propriety digital playback systems I have auditioned, without breaking the bank.
That's nice to hear.   Thanks!

Blanklook

• Recent member
« Reply #1083 on: July 03, 2019, 02:46:59 am »

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before but why would I buy the Id over installing windows MC on a DIY or pre-built NUC? I am looking to leave it on the whole time to act as a library server for other instances of MC both on the network and remotely. Any views appreciated.

HS12

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1084 on: July 03, 2019, 03:08:36 am »

I can only give a view from my own experience. As a UK user of the Id NUC6AYH 120GB SSD after a lot of experimentation and comparison in my system with a number of “propriety” hi-end solutions I found they all had issues with various levels of noise and did not improve much on playing via JRiver through my MacBook Pro.

I purchased the Id (and yes it will be stuck in customs whilst the import duty is determined) and put a few testing tracks on the internal hard drive to carry an A-B comparison with my MBP. Straight away the noise levels were noticeably absent (as I had hoped by having an operating system only doing the bare minimum) so then experiments started to find where to store the music externally.

Firstly USB 2 spinning drive – not as focussed as internal.
Then USB 2 SSD – bass not as controlled as internal.
Then USB 3 SSD – undetectable difference from internal.
Then NAS WDMycloud EX2 4TB ultra Raid0 Cat5e Ethernet – noise coming back into system but easier to back up and control library.
Then upgraded to CAT8 cables NAS-Switch and Switch to Id – Undetectable difference between NAS or Internal.

Just another note about noise – try and filter or isolate switch mode power supplies from your hi-fi mains feed circuits.

I hope this helps

Sonoki

• Recent member
« Reply #1085 on: July 19, 2019, 10:25:28 am »

Hi there,     
I am considering the id for my home setup but I'd need some help clarifying if it's adapted to my needs, because I struggle to understand what ID does, and reading through a few pages of this thread ended up confusing me a bit.

Currently I have a Synology NAS on which I store music and videos. From this NAS I shared directories as network drives on my desktop PC (Windows 10) running JRiver Media Center 25. JRiver's Library points to those network drives to access files.
From that point, I have a DAC plugged in as USB output of my PC which then feeds my speakers.     
This has a couple of disadvantages: Whenever I want to listen to my music, I need to turn on the PC. And if I want to listen my music on the go, I need to keep the PC powered on so that it can run Media Server.     
What I would like to have:
-A small device that stays connected to the NAS and is able to "read" files from the NAS hard drives.
-This small device would be accessible from my JRiver Media Center on PC as a library of some sort. I would be able to keep managing playlists, renaming files and so on from my JRiver Media Center, same as I currently do. The small device would simply send the files to my JRiver Media Center on PC, and the PC would be the one decoding the files and sending them to the DAC.
-Small device would stay always on and would hopefully allow me to stream my audio files to JRemote, so that I can listen to my music while outside on my phone for example.
-Small device being always on would also allow me to access music from other receivers at home (little wifi speakers maybe for example)

Could JRiver ID be the "small device" of this scenario ?

As a secondary question, my JRiver Library is currently on a Local hard drive on my PC. If the ID is working the way I hope  it does, how would I transfer the library from my Windows PC to JRiver ID on Linux ? Would there be any need for file conversions/file path edition, and are there tools to help this transition?

Thanks for your help.

BradATIMA

« Reply #1086 on: July 19, 2019, 03:22:15 pm »

Hi there,     
I am considering the id for my home setup but I'd need some help clarifying if it's adapted to my needs, because I struggle to understand what ID does, and reading through a few pages of this thread ended up confusing me a bit.

Currently I have a Synology NAS on which I store music and videos. From this NAS I shared directories as network drives on my desktop PC (Windows 10) running JRiver Media Center 25. JRiver's Library points to those network drives to access files.
From that point, I have a DAC plugged in as USB output of my PC which then feeds my speakers.     
This has a couple of disadvantages: Whenever I want to listen to my music, I need to turn on the PC. And if I want to listen my music on the go, I need to keep the PC powered on so that it can run Media Server.     
-A small device that stays connected to the NAS and is able to "read" files from the NAS hard drives.
-This small device would be accessible from my JRiver Media Center on PC as a library of some sort. I would be able to keep managing playlists, renaming files and so on from my JRiver Media Center, same as I currently do. The small device would simply send the files to my JRiver Media Center on PC, and the PC would be the one decoding the files and sending them to the DAC.
-Small device would stay always on and would hopefully allow me to stream my audio files to JRemote, so that I can listen to my music while outside on my phone for example.
-Small device being always on would also allow me to access music from other receivers at home (little wifi speakers maybe for example)

As a secondary question, my JRiver Library is currently on a Local hard drive on my PC. If the ID is working the way I hope  it does, how would I transfer the library from my Windows PC to JRiver ID on Linux ? Would there be any need for file conversions/file path edition, and are there tools to help this transition?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, the Id can work for this scenario. In this case, the best option is probably to use the Id as the server, so you would have the library on the Id and connect the DAC to the Id. The Id would be taking the place of the desktop PC and the desktop pc can be used as a client instead. The Id is low power and stable, so you can leave it running so the library is always accessible. You can mount the network drives from the NAS on the Id so it has access to those files. Any instance of Media Center on your network will show the Id as a zone, so you can play to it from any client. However, regarding your second question, transfering a library from a Windows machine to the Id is very difficult and messy. It requires a lot of manual editting because of the Windows to Linux change, so I don't recommend it. It would be best to just recreate the library on the Id. You can still do all the playlist and file management in Media Center with the library on the Id.

GaryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #1087 on: July 30, 2019, 07:52:28 am »

Hi there,     

Thanks for your help.

I have a similar set up to what you describe, Synology NAS with mirrored drives that stores all my media files.

I used to have a NUC Id running MC that acted as my Library server, and also acted as a renderer for music playing in the lounge. Due to the limitations of the ID version of MC and that it lacked the bells and whistles of the Windows version, I bought a more powerful version of the NUC installed Win 10 on it and MC. I’m really pleased with the performance I have. I also have 2 IdPi’s in other rooms with HAT DAC’s that are used in other rooms. Both of which use the NUC as the Library server.

For ripping music, I use my normal Windows PC running MC25, it has its own MC library, but uses the same audio directories on the NAS. When I rip and tag the audio in this way the NUC picks the new files up within a few minutes and they appear on the main Library. The other advantage being is that there is another copy of the library kept on separate machine.

The NUC Id that I had is now used as a stand alone system with USB DAC and a 4TB USB, in our mobile home. I use the Front USB sockets on the Synology to periodically clone the HD’s when we leave home.

I did toy with storing the MC library on the NAS as well as the audio files but wasn’t happy with the performance.

Sonoki

• Recent member
« Reply #1088 on: August 08, 2019, 05:21:35 am »

Hi there.
So I ended up acquiring an Id, I am however enceountering some issues. The things that work for starters:

-I was able to connect my DAC to the NUC through the TOS Link port.
-I connected the Id to my ethernet network, and am able to see, and play, music from my main computer JRiver library.

I really would like to use the Id as the Media server, and I would like it to access the music files on my Synology NAS.
I currently have some shared folders on the NAS that I can access on my Windows 10 computer and on my Mac.

I have however failed so far to access those folders in the Id.

I tried going to the External Media Menu to mount one of the shared folders, but so far none of those as worked.

Example of setup:

External Media Menu
Add network Drive
//<name of my Synology NAS on the network>/volume1/<name of shared folder>
Directory name: (Assuming this is the name the folder would appear as on the Id?)
Should <Directory> be ReadOnly or Read/Write: rw
Access as guest: n
Username: Username on my Synology NAS
Password: Password on the NAS.
Checking.... Failure

I also tried accessing the shell on the Id but that seems impossible?

Can anyone maybe with a similar setup help in that regard?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #1089 on: August 08, 2019, 06:52:30 am »

Make sure the login and password work.  It is probably case sensitive.

I assume you've been here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,95376.0.html

Sonoki

• Recent member
« Reply #1090 on: August 08, 2019, 07:09:45 am »

I've actually managed to finally access the folders. It was a naming convention issue.
I am now able to fill a new JRiver Library on the Id, using the files on the NAS.

I have one additional issue at the moment:

I cannot see the Id on my PC client. I only see my local library on the PC and no indication of the existence of the Id on the network. Ideally I'd want to be able to access the Id server on the PC, possibly to modify it as well (adding ratings, modifying tags)

I did activate the media server in the Id, and am able to control it with JRemote on wifi, but both the PC JRiver and the Id JRiver have the same identification key, could that be a problem?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #1091 on: August 08, 2019, 07:13:06 am »

Now that the Id imports from the NAS, you're into Media Network problems.  Please read the wiki topic on Media Network.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #1092 on: August 08, 2019, 09:46:02 am »

I've actually managed to finally access the folders. It was a naming convention issue.
I am now able to fill a new JRiver Library on the Id, using the files on the NAS.

I have one additional issue at the moment:

I cannot see the Id on my PC client. I only see my local library on the PC and no indication of the existence of the Id on the network. Ideally I'd want to be able to access the Id server on the PC, possibly to modify it as well (adding ratings, modifying tags)

I did activate the media server in the Id, and am able to control it with JRemote on wifi, but both the PC JRiver and the Id JRiver have the same identification key, could that be a problem?
They shouldn't have the same access key. You didn't try restoring the PC library on the Id, did you? If you did, the Settings could overlap on things like the access key and server UUID's which would explain the issues you are seeing.
If not, try doing the Tools->Options->Media Network->Access key->Reset on one or the other.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #1093 on: August 08, 2019, 11:13:51 am »

I dropped my Id and I’m told the 2 TB hard drive is kaput.  Is it repairable and what are the steps involved? 

akessel56

• Recent member
« Reply #1094 on: August 17, 2019, 08:29:48 am »

I’m not sure I’m in the right section, I have an idpi running mc 25.50.
I have it set up fine for some time now.
I was trying to add additional music, by adding some files to the hard drive attached and I can get those additional files to import into the library, it just doesn’t find them.
Or maybe its the file type, but I have others in the library of this file type.
What else might be the issue?

Thanks, Andy

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #1095 on: August 17, 2019, 08:34:33 am »

What type of files?

Check your auto import settings.  Edit the folders to set the filetypes.

I don't know what you mean when you say, it imports them but won't find them.

akessel56

• Recent member
« Reply #1096 on: August 17, 2019, 06:20:23 pm »

Sure enough they were M4P protected.
Makes sense.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • The color of Spring...
« Reply #1097 on: August 18, 2019, 07:29:28 am »

Yep, MC can't played DRM-protected M4P files.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from Viagra and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.04 LTS Noble Numbat 64-bit | Windows 11 2023 Update (23H2) 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/256GB NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 32 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | Edifier R2000DB Bookshelf Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones

AlexSind

• Recent member
« Reply #1098 on: October 01, 2019, 02:32:27 pm »

I received the new NUC (v7) yesterday, and encountered the following problem.
The setup went fine, and the Id appeared on the network as a renderer.
I started it in a GUI mode, and chose my USB DAC (Devialet Expert Pro 250) as the output.
However, when I attempt to play, each track stops immediately with the message that "there is a problem with the output device... Can't play "44.1 kHz, 2Ch". This happens with both streamed media, as well as a local sample on the Id itself.
What did I do wrong? I can play to the DAC from my PC.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #1099 on: October 01, 2019, 02:35:20 pm »

I received the new NUC (v7) yesterday, and encountered the following problem.
The setup went fine, and the Id appeared on the network as a renderer.
I started it in a GUI mode, and chose my USB DAC (Devialet Expert Pro 250) as the output.
However, when I attempt to play, each track stops immediately with the message that "there is a problem with the output device... Can't play "44.1 kHz, 2Ch". This happens with both streamed media, as well as a local sample on the Id itself.
What did I do wrong? I can play to the DAC from my PC.
From the main text menu, do function 10. It will show you the devices and their supported sample rates.
Also, which device did you choose?
In general the one you want starts with
hw:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26   Go Up