INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO Issue  (Read 2059 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
ASIO Issue
« on: August 27, 2014, 01:56:55 pm »

Since upgrading to V20 I am no longer able to use ASIO for CMedia (or ASIO for JRiver).  I am able to set it in Tools/Options/Audio, but playing any song as far as I can tell produces a crash.  I use a Schiit DAC and the Schiit USB Interface (WASAPI) works fine.  Anything I should doing as part of the upgrade?

Regards,

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ASIO Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 02:00:00 pm »

That sounds like a driver problem.  MC20 and MC19 use exactly the same ASIO code.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 02:20:12 pm »

Thanks Matt.  I thought I reinstalled them, but I will delete drivers and reinstall and run it up the flag pole.

Regards,

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 04:41:31 pm »

Your issue made me get up off my butt and install MC20. *

I have a Schiit "Uberfrost" DAC (best current audio value out there) - my settings are at:

http://yabb.JRiver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86075.0

I installed MC20 just now as if it were an MC19 update, but accepting the default new MC20 folder.

Everything is working fine, my Playing Now even had the same audio files.

I am using "ASIO for C-Media USB Device [ASIO]" which is the Schiit 1.03 drivers.  I did not uninstall or reinstall the Schiit drivers.

Everything is working fine, thanks to JRiver peeps.

-----

* due to being a professional programmer.  Years ago, I remember going by a co-worker's desk and seeing a new computer tape on his top shelf. "What's that" I asked.   "It's the new 3.0 version software from Blah Blah" "Why haven't you installed it then?"  "I always just wait for the .1 version."

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 04:52:56 pm »

Hmmmm.  Thanks for the info.  I'm still a no go for ASIO.  I uninstalled the drivers, and reran the installer from Schiit (I too have the BiFrost Uber).  I still cannot play anything when set to ASIO.  WASAPI works fine and sounds good too.  So why am I still smacking the mouse around tinkering with the ASIO setting?  Cause I'm a techno weenie :)  emphasis on the NO.

Thanks

Larry

Larry

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 05:19:40 pm »

Try the settings in the link.

PS  I have the "Version 2" USB card btw.
Pages: [1]   Go Up