INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image files missing in video description  (Read 1001 times)

JoeBloe

• Recent member
Image files missing in video description
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:34:23 am »

Let me preface this by saying that I am not sure if this an error with JRiver or my setup as I have also seen this issue with v19. I am currently using 20.0.10 on Win8.1 and all my files reside on an NAS.

When hovering over a random video file, that I know I have gotten "Movie & TV Info" for, the description will pop up, but without an image. Mind you that the Image File field is populated until the popup has come up without an image, at which point Image File changes to empty. I then look at the actual folder and, voila, there is no jpg for that file. It seems to happen at random, sometimes many files, sometimes only a few.

This has made it impossible to find which files are missing their artwork because MC believes there is an image. I have tried using image file=[] and various incarnations of ismissing(image file). Image file=[] doesn't work because I have to hover over a file before MC realizes there isn't an image file. And trying ismissing gives results that are inconsistent at best.

EDIT: While updating tags from Library, hoping to force MC to see Image File(or not), I noticed that the dialog box, once it loses focus, cannot stay on top of any windows. It always hides behind other open windows, no matter the program.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 11:36:44 am »

Let me preface this by saying that I am not sure if this an error with JRiver or my setup as I have also seen this issue with v19. I am currently using 20.0.10 on Win8.1 and all my files reside on an NAS.

When hovering over a random video file, that I know I have gotten "Movie & TV Info" for, the description will pop up, but without an image. Mind you that the Image File field is populated until the popup has come up without an image, at which point Image File changes to empty. I then look at the actual folder and, voila, there is no jpg for that file. It seems to happen at random, sometimes many files, sometimes only a few.

This has made it impossible to find which files are missing their artwork because MC believes there is an image. I have tried using image file=[] and various incarnations of ismissing(image file). Image file=[] doesn't work because I have to hover over a file before MC realizes there isn't an image file. And trying ismissing gives results that are inconsistent at best.

I think the tooltip being empty is because the artwork isn't there.  It's probably not what's deleting it.

We need to figure out what deletes it.  Any ideas?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JoeBloe

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 02:53:21 pm »

I am not blaming the tooltip for deleting the image. Just showing how I am noticing the issue.

I have been doing lots of re-encoding. Could be that when I delete the old file(through MC) it is removing the image file as well. Have to check out that possibility. Although, you would think that if the image file is valid for any remaining files, it SHOULD NOT be getting deleted.

The other issue is that MC doesn't recognize whether the Image File actually exists(since it has [Image File] populated). Whether I do that with a smartlist or MC does it internally as a periodic update/sweep of the library isn't important to me.

It seems like it would be more efficient, program-wise, to have =ismissing([Image File]) check for the actual file location externally, not whether MC already thinks (erroneously) it is there, instead of devoting more CPU cycles to periodically checking an entire library for missing "relevant" files.

UPDATE:

It IS my deletion of duplicate files that is causing the deletion of the image.   :-[ I guess MC deletes all associated files when it deletes the "parent" without looking to see if 1 image is associated with 2 different files. e.g. XYZ.avi & XYZ.mp4
Now I just need to figure out a reliable way to find which files are missing their (actual)Image File. Back to the expressions!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up