INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaCenter 20 crashing every time I load an audio file  (Read 1085 times)

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck
MediaCenter 20 crashing every time I load an audio file
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:26:05 pm »

Hi,

I am finding MediaCenter 20 is crashing every time I load an audio file....video works fine, and is of high quality as per experience with 19.

Have tried switching to a different ASIO setting, also using Directsound etc - same crash

Have not changed settings from upgrade from 19.

Log attached

Thanks

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: MediaCenter 20 crashing every time I load an audio file
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 02:51:16 am »

Just a guess but it appears to me that bad files are causing the crash, both previous log.txt files end the same way.

0044875: 10480: Import: AddFile: Skipping bad file: X:\Music\Gabriella Cilmi - Lessons To Be Learned (FLAC)\05. Gabriella Cilmi -  Got No Place To Go.flac
0056032: 10480: Import: AddFile: Skipping bad file: X:\Music\Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat - The Songs Of Leonard Cohen - 20th Anniversary Edition (2007) [FLAC]\24k Gold Version\06. Coming Back To You.flac
0056032: 10480: Import: AddFile: Skipping bad file: X:\Music\Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat - The Songs Of Leonard Cohen - 20th Anniversary Edition (2007) [FLAC]\24k Gold Version\12. If It Be Your Will.flac
0065594: 10480: Import: AddFile: Skipping bad file: X:\Music\karaoke\CKA flood  CKA202-01 - Age Of Reason - John Farnham.zip\CKA202-02 - BURN FOR YOU - JOHN FARNHAM.mp3

? ?

I have almost identical hardware on one of my PCs except I have a Nvidia GPU in it and I had zero issues when updating to MC20.

Sean

jjfabbsy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MediaCenter 20 crashing every time I load an audio file
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 05:17:05 am »

Hi Scolex,

Thanks for the reply

I would have thought so too - but MC20 can play for hours with video content.

Not sure why these files would be scanned when playing an unrelated audio file? Also, they are not new files - have been around since MC17 and earlier.

I can leave the "Audio" library view open for hours - and not have the program crash....which would eliminate the selection of the "Audio" library as the trigger. At least, that's what my basic troubleshooting knowledge would assume.

Jason
Pages: [1]   Go Up