INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: device sync and streaming (iPhone in bedroom, HTC phone, Razr Maxx in car)  (Read 1300 times)

BigJ

• Recent member

I think, after reading and searching, that this will work, so I'm looking for confirmation, and tips if applicable.

I have MC (latest v19) on my HTPC, with my Music Library on a NAS (most of it in FLAC).

I also have an HTC One phone, which gets occasional use as a music player via headphones. It has a 64GB sdcard, which I'd like to keep around 48GB worth of music on it at any given time.

And I have a Motorola Razr Maxx (w/o service) that's now, effectively, the headunit in the car.  It has a 32GB sdcard that I'd like to keep filled up with music, some a dupe of what's on the HTC phone and some different.

And I have an iPhone4 (no service) that's used for music in the bedroom. Currently I stream Pandora or play music files on the iPhone itself, but I'd like the iPhone to be able to access the entirety of my Library by streaming via WiFi across the house. It would also be cool to have "bedroom only" Playlists made available to this unit as well.

On both phones I use the n7player app which supports FLAC, so playback without conversion is covered on those. And as I understand it, MC can downconvert to mp3 on the fly when streaming to the iPhone, so playback there is covered.

Am I correct in thinking both the HTC One and Razr Maxx and iPhone can be setup as distinct devices, and each can have specific (unique to the device) Playlists and the Music files setup to sync or stream? 

And how easy is it to swap which Playlists and Files on the droids, say, if I get tired of the selection and want to swap out half of it once a week or so?  Will MC delete the "old" ones as a part of the sync process?

Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Take a look at JRemote and Gizmo.  The wiki has topics.  Both can play audio from MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up