INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use Volume leveling in Playlists only  (Read 2630 times)

bert003

• Recent member
Use Volume leveling in Playlists only
« on: September 01, 2014, 01:41:53 pm »

I had it working once, but I can't get it to work anymore.

I would like to use the dsp functions Volume leveling and Adaptive volume when I start a playlist or smartlist.
I know how I can activate it in DSP settings, but I want to use it only for playlists.

Best would be if I can set options like Nightmode too, i.e. when I want background music.
So I start a "party" smartlist, de audio is compressed due the settings I made, but when I manuallly browse an album, nothing is processed.

Searched for it but I can't find it anymore.

Thanks

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
Re: Use Volume leveling in Playlists only
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:46:54 pm »

This sounds interesting. I would like to know more. Lets see what the suggested answer is...
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:52:55 pm »

How about two zones?  One for regular playback and one for volume leveling?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bert003

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 02:14:12 pm »

I haven't played with zones yet.

But I like to use playlists like "100 random songs". The problem is always the difference in volume. When I play a whole album, I can just adjust the volume knob so no processing needed.

But since you suggest zones, does that mean It can't be done with an option added to a playlist? I thought I once managed to do so, but I could be wrong.

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 02:15:02 pm »

How about two zones?  One for regular playback and one for volume leveling?
+1

exactly, that's what I do.  one of my zones is even called Playlist and one is called Late Night ... creative of me right?  8)

just remember to make the the right zone "current"  before you start playing the list.

bert003

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 02:21:54 pm »

maybe I have to add my configuration:

Dedicated HTPC with the JRiver library (connected to a USB DAC).

I use another instance of JRiver on a laptop as remote control for JRiver on the HTPC.
Unfortunately it is not a fully remote because most things I have to arrange on the HTPC.

If I go the zone route, can I control them from my laptop?
Still a step more to take I guess, first choose a zone, then start the playlist.

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 02:43:28 pm »

maybe I have to add my configuration:

Dedicated HTPC with the JRiver library (connected to a USB DAC).

I use another instance of JRiver on a laptop as remote control for JRiver on the HTPC.
Unfortunately it is not a fully remote because most things I have to arrange on the HTPC.

download Teamviewer almost everything can be done remotely through your laptop using that

If I go the zone route, can I control them from my laptop?
Yes

Still a step more to take I guess, first choose a zone, then start the playlist.
you potenitally could use ZoneSwitch I suppose to switch over automatically -- might need some help for the expression, not sure about this - not sure if its worth it either. Or go to dsp studio and toggle it on and off. one xtra click  ;)

bert003

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 03:29:34 pm »

Just an extra click here, an extra click there.

I have to arrange my JRiver window layout each day. It comes up with the default player, so I have to use a player first.
I have to expand the tree on the left. Open audio, video, playlists, smartlists.
For some reason I can't get it to work to start up with the last layout. So I still have to do all these clicks each time I start up JRiver.

And when I forget to first choose a player I can start over again. I would pay extra if view could be saved in the way I opened it.

But this is all offtopic, I was, and am, wandering if DSP items could be activated by a playlist.

This is what I see in the new features of JRiver 20: NEW: DSP presets can be loaded per file by setting the DSP field (the list is from Load/Save on DSP Studio).
That's very nice to equalize some bad recordings!
I would say add DSP preset per playlist too!

Arindelle

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 02:42:51 am »

Just an extra click here, an extra click there.

I have to arrange my JRiver window layout each day. It comes up with the default player, so I have to use a player first.
I have to expand the tree on the left. Open audio, video, playlists, smartlists.
For some reason I can't get it to work to start up with the last layout. So I still have to do all these clicks each time I start up JRiver.
avoidable ... check your options are configured correctly

And when I forget to first choose a player I can start over again. I would pay extra if view could be saved in the way I opened it.
again check version 19 options. [Note there might be an issue with this in version 20 - With client PC closed, try exiting on media server PC the view you want and re-open client.]

But this is all offtopic, I was, and am, wandering if DSP items could be activated by a playlist.
? As I said before, yes. Player=>ZoneSwitch create rule. Provided you create zones (or players if you want to look at it that way)

bert003

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 02:36:09 pm »

I played a bit with zones and I see it is a great feature! I will use it as output with volume leveling. Thanks for the help.

Still struggling with the layout of JRiver
At Options Start up I choose: Location: Last Location, Mode Last exit view
At Options Tree I choose: Tree Auto expand.

Both on JRiver al the HTPC and at the "remote control" JRiver on my laptop.

Still I have expand all locations in the tree after each start.
Pages: [1]   Go Up