INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clicking on the little arrow in columns switches view  (Read 2191 times)

DrKNo

• World Citizen
Clicking on the little arrow in columns switches view
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:01:51 am »

Hi everyone,

this may be a silly mistake, but i was unable to find anything in the forums, probably because I have no idea what the little arrows are called that are found next to album, artist etc.

When I click them, the album is selected, but jriver also switches to another view. This is bad for me, because this view is limited in track selection. more often than not, not a single track is shown, simply because the filtering is so restrictive. Can I configure JRiver to allways use an other view, like "All Tracks", or at least stay in the same view?

Thank you for your help!

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Clicking on the little arrow in columns switches view
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 08:46:31 am »

tis not totally clear for me but maybe..
when you go to options > general > features, and you disable llinkable collumns.... would that do what you are after?

:)
gab

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 08:54:04 am »

Wait this is a great little thing you stumbled across "magic arrows" (Glynor says that so now I say that ;D ) are in front of artist, genre and album field columns, it allows you to jump back to the previous view.

This is really pretty cool -- lets saying you have a veiw to retag stuff, and you just want to tag the same way the artist that you know you have in your collection already. Click the arrow shift the view to a panes view with all the same artists albums.

Same if you want to play or see what what you have by the same artist.

So don't look at it as limiting, rather if you know you are going to use these first open the veiw that it will jump to and then go to the view you want to be on. Afterwards just use the back button on your mouse (or the return button top left of the main area of the UI.

If it didn't switch and your current view filters out the other albums, the arrows wouldn't work. Like in a view of albums you haven't listened to yet, or a playlist

REQUEST: Please add a magic arrow to the song name, I'm always trying to find different versions of the same song.

DrKNo

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 09:09:12 am »

I shall continue the tradition and call them magic arrows of the linked columns school!

So basically I misinterpreted the intent behind them. So it's more of a view this content in previous context button. Do I understand correctly that it is impossible to stay on the same view then? That would seem helpful to me.

Anyway, I will need to experiment with this until i completely understand the workflow. Thank you two for chipping in  :)

Vincent Kars

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 05:03:38 am »

I agree with DrKNo.
If you hit the arrow, you are in file view.
You get a new view with the selected item without the file view.
You have to open the file view manually each time.
Would be nice if the file view stays in place.

Pages: [1]   Go Up