INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld Transfer Not Converting Format  (Read 2404 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Handheld Transfer Not Converting Format
« on: September 04, 2014, 04:29:51 pm »

I have set up a handheld device in options which is just a USB thumb drive and set the 'Audio Mode' to 'Specified output format only when necessary' and the 'Encoder' as MP3. However, when I try to transfer a flac file to this handheld device it just copies the flac file over with no conversion taking place. However if I set the 'Mode' to 'Specified output format' then the file converts as it should.

Why is the file not converting when the 'Mode' is set to 'Specified output format only when necessary'. Am I missing something or is this not working correctly.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Handheld Transfer Not Converting Format
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 05:08:28 pm »

You need to make sure that under Handheld Options->Files, Paths & More the "Supported Types" is set to mp3 (and not an asterisk). Any file-types that you don't want to convert and to instead transfer as-is should go in this field as a semi-colon delineated list.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 01:17:33 am »

You need to make sure that under Handheld Options->Files, Paths & More the "Supported Types" is set to mp3 (and not an asterisk). Any file-types that you don't want to convert and to instead transfer as-is should go in this field as a semi-colon delineated list.

Thanks very much for your help. That has sorted it. I knew it had to be something I was missing  ;D

I'm assuming then that the asterisk was acting as a wild card and basically telling the system that all file types should be transferred as-is and not converted.

Just as a side issue, is there any way of specifying that existing MP3 files with a bit rate over 256kb/s should be converted but any under 256kb/s should be transferred as is.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 11:33:43 am »

Just as a side issue, is there any way of specifying that existing MP3 files with a bit rate over 256kb/s should be converted but any under 256kb/s should be transferred as is.

Not that I know of.

You could convert all to high bitrate.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up