INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stream from HTPC to iPhone??  (Read 1735 times)

ScottRey269

• Recent member
Stream from HTPC to iPhone??
« on: September 06, 2014, 10:26:44 pm »

I am trying to figure out how I can get music files from my htpc in living running MC20 to an iphone 4s when in bedroom.  Problem is iphone's wifi not working, which judging by many web searches, appears to be a common issue.

I'm thinking i need a small client of some kind in bedroom that the iphone can control remotely to access the files from MC client/server in living room.  So, does anyone know of a network media player that works with jriver and is able to be controlled by an iphone.

Media box in bedroom also needs to be able to send the audio to pair of bluetooth speakers.

Basically trying to set this up because my girlfriend likes to listen to music while she's in the shower and getting ready.  Hence need for bluetooth speaker ability for bathroom.

The things we do for love!!!   ;D
HTPC Setup:  Silverstone LC20-B HTPC Case|Asus H87M-E Motherboard|Seasonic Power Supply|Intel Core I5-4570S 2.9 GHZ|(2)4GB Corsair XMS3 Memory|Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB SSD (Internal- System)|Seagate Ironwolf 6TB (Internal- Documents)|Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard|Razer Diamondback Chroma Gaming Mouse|Windows 10 64bit v.1903/ MC 25.0.113 (64-bit)|Vantec NST-640SU3-BK 4 Bay External Enclosure w/ (2) 1TB Seagate Constellation ES  (MC Server Mains)|Qnap TR-004 4 Bay External Enclosure w/ (1) 3TB Seagate Ironwolf (Music Backup) & (2) 8TB Seagate Ironwolf (Video Backup)|Pioneer BDR-209D BR Drive

Router:  Linxsys AC5400 Maxstream

Home Theatre:  Logitech Harmony One Remote|Yamaha RX-V473 Rcvr.|LG 55C9 4K OLED TV| (2) Polk TSx 550T (F)| (1) Polk CS10 (C)| (4) Polk TS200 (S)| (1) Polk PSW505 (Su

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stream from HTPC to iPhone??
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 08:25:05 am »

Problem is iphone's wifi not working
that should be at least a problem you can fix ... or are you saying that the wifi does not extend to the bedroom .. another problem you can fix,  have to pay for it, but fixable. Then just get JRemote and you are set to go.

If you prefer a real "client" so it can access a good dac without going through the iphone, thats something else of course.

ScottRey269

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 11:57:47 am »

Thanks for the response!!

The wi-fi button in her iphone settings is grayed out so you can't turn it on or off.  Seems to be a common problem with 4s resulting from wi-fi board losing solder contact with main board.  Keep telling her to take it to apple store to see if they can fix it, but she says they require an appointment, which she never sets up and she thinks they would just tell her its unfixable and want her to pay $200 for another phone.  Yes, that would be the easy solution though, getting her wi-fi button working.  JRemote does allow playing files from MC on the phone itself and not just control of MC on server as its name would imply, correct?
HTPC Setup:  Silverstone LC20-B HTPC Case|Asus H87M-E Motherboard|Seasonic Power Supply|Intel Core I5-4570S 2.9 GHZ|(2)4GB Corsair XMS3 Memory|Samsung 850 Pro 256 GB SSD (Internal- System)|Seagate Ironwolf 6TB (Internal- Documents)|Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard|Razer Diamondback Chroma Gaming Mouse|Windows 10 64bit v.1903/ MC 25.0.113 (64-bit)|Vantec NST-640SU3-BK 4 Bay External Enclosure w/ (2) 1TB Seagate Constellation ES  (MC Server Mains)|Qnap TR-004 4 Bay External Enclosure w/ (1) 3TB Seagate Ironwolf (Music Backup) & (2) 8TB Seagate Ironwolf (Video Backup)|Pioneer BDR-209D BR Drive

Router:  Linxsys AC5400 Maxstream

Home Theatre:  Logitech Harmony One Remote|Yamaha RX-V473 Rcvr.|LG 55C9 4K OLED TV| (2) Polk TSx 550T (F)| (1) Polk CS10 (C)| (4) Polk TS200 (S)| (1) Polk PSW505 (Su

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 01:01:29 pm »

sure no problem :)

JRemote does allow playing files from MC on the phone itself and not just control of MC on server as its name would imply, correct?
yes it does .. of course the quality won't be as good coming out of the phones Dac. There are other solutions but they'd cost more than fixing an iphone, like getting another computer or a maybe a JRiver Id - or some other DLNA compatible device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up