INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 - Audio Devices not being detected but were in MC19 [solved]  (Read 1461 times)

StringBean

Tried installing MC20.0.47 on my new computer I just built and quickly found it won't discover any of my audio devices. I uninstalled MC20 and installed MC19.0.163 and it found them with no issues. The system itself is pretty much a bare bones OS install at this point. Anyone else seen this issue?

Running Windows 8.1 64-bit (standard, not the pro edition)

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: MC20 - Audio Devices not being detected but were in MC19
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:33:09 am »

Try leaving 19 installed and reinstalling 20 and see if that helps....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 06:34:30 am »

That's really weird.  Does it show some outputs (like ASIO) but not others (like DirectSound)?  Are you testing 20.0.47?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

StringBean

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 08:23:20 am »

The strange part is it doesn't show anything... not even DirectSound. I am using 20.0.47.

I tried installing MC20 while MC19 was still installed and same result. Is there a log file or a verbose setting to see if it's not able to get the info from the OS?

StringBean

Re: MC20 - Audio Devices not being detected but were in MC19 [solved]
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 09:46:58 pm »

Found the issue. When installing, if you choose going down the path of installing the portable version, and then back out and go down the install route of doing a normal install, the error I am seeing is reproducible. To fix, do a complete uninstall, and then re-install and go directly down the normal install route. When I did this the audio drivers were able to be seen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up