INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver MediaCenter ver 20 and Astell Kern AK 100  (Read 5648 times)

cmm1966

• Recent member
JRiver MediaCenter ver 20 and Astell Kern AK 100
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:34:18 pm »

I cannot seem to transfer FLAC music from JRiver MediaCenter to my Astell Kern AK 100 hi res portable player, it has internal memory and 2 micro SD cards, they are recognized when i select Send To from JRiver and they appear to transfer but they never make it to my device?? It does the same thing with Media Monkey too??
Any thoughts or advice, thank you very much!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver MediaCenter ver 20 and Astell Kern AK 100
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 07:25:23 am »

Use the Handheld Sync in the Action Window, not Send To.

cmm1966

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:14:04 pm »

It still did not transfer my music using the Action Window Transfer To Device thru JRiver 20?? I thought for sure you had the solution... iRiver/Astell Kern never answer their phone??

fauxfreshness

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 12:37:05 am »

I don't have one, but what specifically are you seeing?  Did you add FLAC to the permitted file types?  Are you getting warnings that it can't transfer them when the sync is about to start?

cmm1966

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 07:54:27 pm »

The player is designed to play FLAC and Master Studio Quality files, and i do not think i can set any parameters of the device and JRiver and MediaMonkey are both set for FLAC and most other music file types.
And each time i try the send to route for the recognized storage on the device or device transfer action route on the programs it does not give an error message and i can see the action progress like it is working for both methods but the songs never end up on the device??
I cannot ever reach support people on the phone for the device.
Thank you for trying...

fauxfreshness

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 12:17:15 am »

Just to check, you added something like "flac;aif;aiff" to the end of the allowed file types and set the encoder to "original" if using the files as the originals?  Also, "Studio Master Quality," as a person that produces music and masters, is a relative term and usually means "we're so sorry you're using MP3, and we're trying our best to get our art to be portrayed the closest we can to what we originally made."  I produce and export in WAV (24-bit/48 KHz, since my crossover slopes are pretty good for the high range sibilants I'm working with) but I use AIF for everything I can rip and make.  When I buy downloaded music, I usually end up with FLAC from Bandcamp and AIF from Beatport, and then repair clipping as needed.

Once done, it's left in AIF form so I can use it directly in other mixing software so I made sure to add AIF/AIFF to every device I sync to.  I use USB drives, a Galaxy Note 3, and Nexus 7 (2013 32GB) slates and onboard sound sometimes, but usually my FiiO E18 Kunlun outboard DAC/Amp.  The reason I bring this up is I check to see how the playlists are created to make sure they work correctly with the destination application.

cmm1966

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 08:55:01 pm »

Thank you, i will check these setting!! And thank you for the info and screen shots...

fauxfreshness

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 12:39:41 am »

I might have some more help, as I just got my FiiO X5 and found some interesting quirks that are quite straight forward when dealing with a device that has multiple storage mount points.  So here are two examples of .M3U8 files I'm using, but one is created by MC and the other is a modified one based off of the MC.  When using .M3U8, you may get better (or real) Unicode support, but I didn't see absolute paths.  This is normally fine when working with a single mount, but multiple sources are problematic.

Original "Run the Trap" playlist created by MC for the X5 using the first microSDXC card slot (TF1):

Code: [Select]
\Music\Eliminate\Hyper EP\01 - Eastern Swing (Original Mix).mp3
\Music\Flux Pavilion\All Trap Music 2 [Explicit]\26 - Do or Die (Flosstradamus Remix) [Explicit].mp3
\Music\RL Grime\All Trap Music 2 [Explicit]\33 - Shells [Explicit].mp3
\Music\Apashe\Battle Royale_Black Gold (VIP and Remixes)\01 - Battle Royale (Feat. Panther) (VIP).mp3
\Music\Apashe\Battle Royale_Black Gold (VIP and Remixes)\02 - Battle Royale (Feat. Panther) (Tha Trickaz Remix).mp3
\Music\Apashe\Black Mythology\01 - Black Gold.mp3
\Music\Apashe, Dabin, Kai Wachi\Black Mythology\02 - Forsaken.mp3
\Music\Mantis\Block Rocka\01 - Block Rocka.mp3
\Music\Kai Wachi\Echelon\01 - Echelon (Original Mix).mp3
\Music\Aero Chord\EDM.com Exclusive\01 - Bouzouki [EDM.com Excluisve].mp3
\Music\Aryay\EDM.com Free Downloads\01 - The Lawnmower by Aryay.mp3

Original "Run the Trap" playlist created by MC for the X5 using the first microSDXC card slot (TF1), and then modified to work:

Code: [Select]
#EXTM3U
TF1:\Music\Eliminate\Hyper EP\01 - Eastern Swing (Original Mix).mp3
TF1:\Music\Flux Pavilion\All Trap Music 2 [Explicit]\26 - Do or Die (Flosstradamus Remix) [Explicit].mp3
TF1:\Music\RL Grime\All Trap Music 2 [Explicit]\33 - Shells [Explicit].mp3
TF1:\Music\Apashe\Battle Royale_Black Gold (VIP and Remixes)\01 - Battle Royale (Feat. Panther) (VIP).mp3
TF1:\Music\Apashe\Battle Royale_Black Gold (VIP and Remixes)\02 - Battle Royale (Feat. Panther) (Tha Trickaz Remix).mp3
TF1:\Music\Apashe\Black Mythology\01 - Black Gold.mp3
TF1:\Music\Apashe, Dabin, Kai Wachi\Black Mythology\02 - Forsaken.mp3
TF1:\Music\Mantis\Block Rocka\01 - Block Rocka.mp3
TF1:\Music\Kai Wachi\Echelon\01 - Echelon (Original Mix).mp3
TF1:\Music\Aero Chord\EDM.com Exclusive\01 - Bouzouki [EDM.com Excluisve].mp3
TF1:\Music\Aryay\EDM.com Free Downloads\01 - The Lawnmower by Aryay.mp3

If using the full path, with drive letter option, in .M3U playlist files then you can just tack on the #EXTM3U at the top of the file, and then the storage mount (in my case, it was TF1 since it was the first transflash slot being used and the device can determine which card slot to use when referencing the file.  Just thought I'd pass this along for those that have devices with more than one storage location, and I thought I might start a thread on the X5 if there wasn't one already.

As an aside, I edited the files on my PC, but pretty much any text editor in Android or Windows should work with it, but you might have to check for / versus \ characters in the paths as it appears there were comments about changing these.  Not 100% sure on that, but I've also seen alternate carriage returns used in Linux that get mutilated in Notepad and cause the file to be useless.  I can't think of the specific character name right now, but in a *nix editor you'll see a square icon where you would have just had a normal carriage return.  WordPad doesn't have this issue, so when I edit *nix files in Windows without access to something like Notepad++ I just use that.

HTH

Dorsai

• Recent member
Re: Re: JRiver MediaCenter ver 20 and Astell Kern AK 100
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 11:59:18 am »

On your AK100, did you have it rescan your files?
Pages: [1]   Go Up