INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit Album Type  (Read 1545 times)

nwhitta

Edit Album Type
« on: September 12, 2014, 07:18:23 am »

Hi, I am new to JRiver. I am impressed so far but I have a problem, which I hope will be simple to resolve.
I have some compilation albums but when I type in the artist for a track, it assumes the whole album is by that artist.
I have now discovered that Album Type enables albums to be either by single artist or multiple artists, which is fine for new stuff I rip. However the Album Type tag on albums I have already created is greyed out and I cannot change it. Is it possible to retrospectively change the Album Type?

Thanks
Nigel

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Edit Album Type
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 08:21:14 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Take a look at the Album Artist tag.  Try filling it in.  The wiki has information on tags.

toneking

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 04:13:10 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Take a look at the Album Artist tag.  Try filling it in.  The wiki has information on tags.

This is not a useful answer. If you can post an actual direct link to solves the problem then that would be helpful.

I am also have the same issue with a compilation album being tags as a single artist. This is greyed out and I can not find the path to turn this off/or change it. I tried replacing album artists field with "(multiple artist)" but it doesn't stick and just reverts back to what it was.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 02:31:18 am »

Please try a search.  Even Google will get it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up