INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Encoding  (Read 731 times)

Tweaker

Encoding
« on: February 05, 2002, 07:25:47 am »

I downloaded and installed MJ 8.0.196. Everything worked great including MP3 encoding at 128 birate. Afterwards I made an image of my hard drive using Ghost. After having some problems with some other software I restored the image. When I went to convert a musical file to MP3 128 a box popped-up stating that my 30 day trial period had ended and would need to purchase the software if I wanted to continue to use this feature. Only a week had passed by since installing the original software. However, if I go to the Options and choose WMP in the drop down box I can now encode to WMP without the pop-up screen. Any ideas as to what would cause this?

I did try completely uninstalling MJ 8.0.196 including the folder under C:\Program Files as well as all keys in the Registry using 'Find' "media jukebox". Then I reinstalled the softeware but still can't encode using MP3 Encoder. WMP works fine.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Encoding
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2002, 07:36:51 am »

You can restore your license if you have it on a floppy.  See the FAQ here for details.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Tweaker

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2002, 09:24:26 am »

I guess the questions is, why do all of the other features continue to work with the exception of the MP3 Encoder? Ripping works, DSP works, Burning works, WMP Encoding works! Just the MP3 Encoding doesn't work.

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2002, 09:30:25 am »

Some features are free, others are part of the plus set.  MP3 encoding is a part of the plus set.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2002, 04:30:30 am »

Are you telling me I have to purchase mj8 before I can encode to mp3. I am going to purchase but mp3 encoding seems basic to me?
deerhunter

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2002, 05:14:23 am »

deerhunter

for the first 30 days you can use that option
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up