INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: set a different (specific) List Style for each item/level in Theatre View?  (Read 1412 times)

BigJ

• Recent member

I've looked in MC, and searched here, but did not find a solution. Hopefully it's a simple thing I'm missing, or a feature on the near horizon as it seems like an obvious thing.

Regardless, I have found that certain List Styles are better suited for each of the different menu items and each level of drill-down that I have setup in Theatre View.

For instance, under Audio > Music > Genre the List Style that's rows with the Genre name on the left and thumbnails starting from the right is best because of some long Genre names I use.

However, once I pick a Genre the list of Artists works much better as a big grid of Thumbnails since there are tons of Artists and the one above wastes too much space and requires too much scrolling.

Further, when finally selecting an Artist and drilling down into their Albums a List Style like the one used for Movies would be best (big cover art on the left, details/description on the right).

But when I change the List Style in Artists (from Music by Genre), from within the Theatre View itself, that change seems to spill over into the root Genre view as well as the Album view that's below Artist.

How can I fix this, if at all?

And if not, how likely is it to be addressed soon and how large/difficult is such a change?

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: set a different (specific) List Style for each item/level in Theatre View?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 01:07:25 pm »

There is no way as of now that I know of. It has been requested a few times.

+1

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 11:03:11 am »

+1 as well.  It comes up every so often, and the example you gave is the exact example where I would like to see the change.  Unfortunately, I don't think it is a very easy change to make.
Pages: [1]   Go Up