INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connect handheld device via bluetooth or wifi  (Read 2105 times)

mushroomcounter

• Recent member
Connect handheld device via bluetooth or wifi
« on: September 14, 2014, 01:16:37 pm »

Apologies if this is in the wrong section - I searched the forum but could only find this unanswered query (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91333.0) which was similar in nature.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini which I can connect to my laptop via bluetooth or via wifi but I cannot work out how to get it to appear in the "Drives & Devices" section of MC (I'm on version 18) so that I can sync it.

Is this possible to do and if so, how?

Many thanks for any pointers.

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Connect handheld device via bluetooth or wifi
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 04:15:24 am »

I'm also interested in this. You might be able to connect your phone wirelessly using Samsung's software for Windows (Kies, I believe), or if you have a rooted phone you can set up a Samba share on the phone and connect to it in Windows, and it will show up like any other network drive.

If someone knows another way, let me know  :)

I don't want to install Sony Companion on my HTPC (I have an Xperia phone), so I just use ES File Explorer on the phone to connect to a shared folder on the Windows PC and copy the files. If you have problems connecting, have a look at this guide http://www.tannerwilliamson.com/windows-7-seven-network-file-sharing-fix-samba-smb/394/
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Connect handheld device via bluetooth or wifi
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 01:35:22 pm »

MC is intended to sync with handhelds, c.f. Drives & Devices.

I've got an S3 LTE and (I think) the MTP protocol makes the sync process problematic. I've not gone into troubleshooting this at length.

What I have done, is to set up a folder on a local HDD as a pseudo handheld device and sync'd (via a smartlist) my collection. I also run a conversion to compress FLAC to AAC as part of that deal. I then found an Android app called Sync Me to sync to that HDD folder via Wi-Fi.

I've found this to be a functional and reliable method so far.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up