INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 20 cut off the last few seconds of a song before swithing to next track.  (Read 4818 times)

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck

As the subject states, once I upgraded to MC 20, tracks cut off maybe 4-5 seconds before the track is finished and then goes to the next song. This occurs on all songs in my library. ? I am not sure if there was a setting I accidentally changed to cause this issue, but I have tried adjusting the options and it still cuts off tracks 4-5 seconds before the current track I am listening to completes then goes straight to the next song.

Is there a setting in MC20 that will prevent this from occurring? And if so, would someone be kind enough to tell me what setting I need to adjust in MC 20 options to prevent tracks from cutting out before they are finished?

Any help or advice on what settings I need to use to prevent this from happening would be extremely appreciated. Thank you!

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 20 cut off the last few seconds of a song before swithing to next track.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:00:55 am »

when you go the options>Audio, look under track changes>switch tracks.. what does it say there?
remember that these settings zone dependend, so if you have more zones check the one you are after.

:)
gab

JH

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:11:04 am »

This is exactly the problem I am having. The problem occurs when the track numbers are not consecutive. (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=91728.0) I tried changing various settings but to no avail.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 08:12:30 am »

Set Options > Audio > Switch Tracks > Gapless
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JH

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 08:22:50 am »

Changing it to gapless is not a satisfactory solution. In my case, I listen to long classical music albums and there are tracks that should be played with no gap. And in these cases, CD engineers put no trailing or leading "empty" seconds into the tracks. But in between two acts of an opera or two movements of a symphony, for example, removing all gaps distorts the music. Changing to gapless seems to remove all silence at the end of a track. Silence is important.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 08:24:40 am »

Disable the option to remove silence from the beginning of tracks if its actually included in the file, then.
Gapless itself doesn't remove silence, it just doesn't add any either.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JH

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 08:27:21 am »

That seems to do it. Thank you. I hope that solves TheGame's problem as well.

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 11:07:19 pm »

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I am not sure exactly what I need to do here. I understand what Hendrick is saying (I think) but I am not sure exactly what I need to do. Here is a screenshot at my settings maybe someone will be kind enough to explain what options I need to check/uncheck here, and again i thank you all for your input, help and suggestions.

Here is the screenshot, if anything needs changed I would appreciate the advice.

Thank you all again, I sincerely appreciate it!!

gappie

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 03:04:27 am »

Thank you all for the great suggestions. I am not sure exactly what I need to do here. I understand what Hendrick is saying (I think) but I am not sure exactly what I need to do. Here is a screenshot at my settings maybe someone will be kind enough to explain what options I need to check/uncheck here, and again i thank you all for your input, help and suggestions.

Here is the screenshot, if anything needs changed I would appreciate the advice.

Thank you all again, I sincerely appreciate it!!

i have the settings the same except that i also have enabled ' use gapless for sequential album tracks', though i think that should not matter with do not play silence disabled and gapless switching. ... and for me everything is playing well. just three things i can think of:
enable ' use gapless for sequential album tracks'
check if you have nothing set under player>preview mode (would not expect that but well :) )
are you sure that 'player' zone is the same zone where the cutting occurs..

gab

TheGame

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 03:18:52 am »

Hi, thank you for your reply. Under  player>preview mode "Play Entire Song" is checked, I cannot uncheck it unless I switch to a different mode. As far as player Zone goes, I am not sure what that is. I have "Player" checked under Player Zone. Is that what I should have it set at? I have no idea what Player Zone is, even though I read pretty much the entire wiki, I still do not understand what it is.

Thank you again for the reply, and if any settings need changed would you be kind enough to let me know? Thank you very, very much!

gappie

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 03:29:21 am »

you can read about zones here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

but when you look at the image you posted.. at the top it says 'zone to configure: Player'. when you click on player do you get other 'zones'?
and in addition two questions.
what are the filetypes you are playing?
do they play without cutting in some other player?
are you playing those files over a network, or local?

gab

jmrdc

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 01:04:32 am »

Set Options > Audio > Switch Tracks > Gapless
My options are "blacked out" using latest 27, telling me to add or configure DLNA server.  Any help, please?  thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up