INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 17,18,19,20... same DLNA problem all these years  (Read 2317 times)

dedok

• Recent member
17,18,19,20... same DLNA problem all these years
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:11:49 am »

Hello.
I observe this behavior since 17th release and I keep upgrading hoping that you finally fix it. Now it's 20th with the same bug.
And the most intriguing thing is that foobar2000 does this right.

So, I have PerfectWave DAC player, I have "Audiophile 24-bit DAC" DLNA server configured in MC.
It plays well, sound quality is great. I have a bunch of flac rips with cue track info files.
Some rips have one solid flac file with cue, others consist of multiple flac files.
Problems:
1. Split flacs play with huge pause between. No skipless playing.
2. Solid flac plays skipless but only when MC plays it as a whole album. Sometimes it plays first track over and over and I can't say why MC decides to do so. It's random. Some solid flacs play right, some don't.

Again, foobar2000 does everything correctly. It means DLNA standard allows to do it right. MC doesn't.

P.S. While playing whole album Position slider shows playing position only for the first track. Then it stays at 100% for all subsequent tracks. "Current file" window above it shows "1 of N" (where N is the number of tracks) all the time. I.e. when it plays second track it shows "1 of N".
P.P.S. Playing via USB is perfect on the same player, no single issue described above.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 17,18,19,20... same DLNA problem all these years
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 05:35:02 am »

1. Split flacs play with huge pause between. No skipless playing.

Concerning split flacs: it depends solely on whether your player supports UPnP gapless playback. If your player supports the SetNextAVTransportURI method then MC has the ability to push gapless to it: Right click on the player in MC and check if SetNextAVTransportURI support is enabled. If that does not work, then you should probably contact the manufacturer of the PerfectWave DAC and ask if/when they will support SetNextAVTransportURI (this is a much requested feature that manufacturers are starting to take notice of).

Concerning solid flacs with cue files: sorry but I never tried such files so cannot give any suggestions..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

dedok

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 10:31:18 pm »

Right click on the player in MC and check if SetNextAVTransportURI support is enabled.

Thank you, Andrew. When I right-click I see drop-down menu with "DLNA Controller Options" item in the very bottom. It has two subitems: "Ignore Transport Events" and "Disable SetNext Support". I don't see SetNextAVTransportURI anywhere.

As of player ability: foobar2000 does play skiplessly. Therefore, I conclude tha player supports this mode.

dedok

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 12:15:17 am »

I tried all possible combinations, no luck. With one exception though - when I ask MC to unpack original flac files into PCM 24 stream (I'd love NOT to do that though) solid flacs start to play normally. Better than nothing.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 04:01:28 am »

It has two subitems: "Ignore Transport Events" and "Disable SetNext Support". I don't see SetNextAVTransportURI anywhere.

SetNext = SetNextAVTransportURI ..

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up