INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple cover art images  (Read 1811 times)

Pluvio

• Recent member
Multiple cover art images
« on: September 13, 2014, 06:02:13 am »

I am a former MediaMnokey user and I find very useful to store in music files more tan one cover art image (front, back, leaflet page, ..)

Is this possible in MC? If not why?

Thanks.

Pluvio

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 06:35:43 am »

Unfortunately, no.  It is a request that comes up every month or two, but doesn't appear to be high on the development teams list.

There is a somewhat lengthy work around where you can import all the Album Images, tag them, and then modify your Views so that they show as a Slideshow.  You can search my old posts for some links if you are interested.

Vectra

• Recent member
Re: Multiple cover art images
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 12:18:32 pm »

I like this feature as well...in Foobar you can click on the cover art and sequence through the pictures (cover, back, disc, booklet pages).

I tried tagging, importing and using all media views but got fatigued after experimenting with settings so that the cover was always the default first pic shown.

I have been experimenting with using JRiver as an IMAGE organizer & viewer separately from a MUSIC organizer & player.   I start playing music and then move to IMAGES and view independent of music.   Not bad if I'm not needing to go back and forth. 

I still miss the Foobar feature of clicking to change the cover art.

Pluvio

• Recent member
Re: Multiple cover art images
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 02:10:36 pm »

Thank you for your comments.

However I think that this is a very useful feature especially for those who value the information in the leaflet. To me, just been able to have access to the back cover will be a major advance since there you have very useful information that is not in the cover.

I guess that, especially for classical, jazz and world music fans, this is an indispensable feature. So I would encourage the development team to consider this.

It would be, from my point of view, a major improvement in the way people can enjoy a musical work (an album, or a symphony, or a Indian raga), and not just a massive collection of individual song. I believe that this is one of the aspects that makes the different between music as entertainment (absolute fine with me) or as a cultural en artistic work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up