INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wasapi on 19 or 20 stops working  (Read 1263 times)

erniejade

wasapi on 19 or 20 stops working
« on: September 15, 2014, 03:25:39 pm »

On 19 or 20, after several hours of playing, ( more then 8 hours)  JRiver shows its playing but, the only thing that comes through my dac is a slight hum.  I shut down JRiver and open it back up ( no reboot the computer just the program) and it is fine again. I am using wasapi, USB to a Wyred for sound DAC2. When i change it to wasapi Kernal Stream, this probem does not happen. However the sound quality isnt as good on Kernal.

Any idea why the sound just stopps after several hours on wasapi? The laptop is not sleeping, JRiver shows its playing, even the counter is counting up on the time and changing songs but, a slight hum for sound is the only thing you hear. 

Thanks all for the help.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: wasapi on 19 or 20 stops working
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 03:51:41 pm »

Boy, this sounds like a bug with the  Wyred for Sound DAC.  It accepts WDM, but doesn't do the right thing with it after a while.  Does your device support ASIO?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

erniejade

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 05:06:37 pm »

It does support ASIO.  I have used 17 for a couple of years and recently upgraded to 19, then 20 within a few months of each other. When they came out with the special upgrade price, for 20 before it was released, I jumped on it.  I did not have this issue with 17.  Sometimes I leave it running for a week strait when I am burning in a new piece of equipment like a preamp or amp or speaker wire. So when I say on for a while, I am talking 8 hours or more.  17 did not do this.

I am a bit of a sound nut but still learning on the digital end of it. If I change it to ASIO, will the sound be the same?  The DAC2 is very revealing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 05:34:57 pm »

If I change it to ASIO, will the sound be the same?  The DAC2 is very revealing.

Yes.  ASIO is preferable if the device supports it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

erniejade

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 05:57:35 pm »

I took a look at the manual online. Yep the W4s DAC2 does support ASIO. I will change to that and see how it does. Thank you for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up