INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Philips 5008k: DLNA works only with the TV client  (Read 1063 times)

r3bel347

Philips 5008k: DLNA works only with the TV client
« on: September 15, 2014, 03:57:37 pm »

Hi,

i am using JRiver MC 19.0.146 with the latest Gizmo android app.
My media server runs windows 8.1 and i got a Philips 5008k TV

I have a Problem with my DLNA client (the TV) since the last firmware update.
If i use the DLNA browser of the TV, it lists all videos of the server and i can browse and play them.
I can even find the TV in Gizmo / JRiver and and select it as target device, the problem is that the TV shows the message "Playback not possible", if i use another dlna application and select the TV as target device.

This is really curios, since playback worked via gizmo before the firmware update and it does not seem to be a problem with the audio / video format, since i can play them when i select them in the TV's dlna browser.

Do you have any idea why the TV can not playback videos if i select them via Gizmo / JRiver, but it does work if i select them via the TV's DLNA browser?
My guess is, that philips somehow broke the dlna feature with their last update, but maybe you have a better explanation? :)

Thank you for your help,
r3bel

r3bel347

Re: Philips 5008k: DLNA works only with the TV client
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 07:17:18 pm »

I think i found the problem, but i can't explain why it works now, but did not work before.

I restarted my router....

Then it worked. Maybe the router destroyed some network traffic sent to the TV? Who knows.. but now it works  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up