INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multi-zone setup question  (Read 1952 times)

balky

• Junior Woodchuck
Multi-zone setup question
« on: September 16, 2014, 03:47:20 am »

I am stuck a little bit...  ;D

The test installation I have done works great... quite effortlessly right out of the box...

My issue...

I am currently running a dedicated 2 -Channel audio setup with its own analog amplifier separate speakers... etc... using JRiver on Linux,

My current HTPC (CentOS + Plex client) is on a separate setup with HDMI to its own Pioneer AVR, separate speakers... etc...

JRiver from testing does both Video and Audio (in Linux) in a quite impressive manner... despite the video part not fully complete yet, what I see in my testing says more than enough on what's in the pipeline...

I would like to merge these two boxes...

I imagine a situation where I would like to route video out the HDMI interface and route 2 channel audio out a separate sound card connected to an external DAC...

The separate speaker sets will remain in place... 2 channel will play on its own amplifier / speaker combination, and video will play on its own AVR via the HDMI interface...

Is there a remote chance this can happen?  

Thanks,

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multi-zone setup question (balky)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:16:08 am »

Please only use the build thread for actual bug reports, and open new threads for setup questions.

Anyhow, this setup is very well possible.
You would create two zones, one for audio and one for video, and each zone gets a separate audio output device, your 2-channel for audio and the HDMI for video.
Then you can setup ZoneSwitch to switch the zones for Audio playback and Video playback.

You can read more here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

The wiki is primarily about the windows version, but many things are simply the same in both.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

balky

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Multi-zone setup question (balky)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 11:23:55 am »

Please only use the build thread for actual bug reports, and open new threads for setup questions.

Anyhow, this setup is very well possible.
You would create two zones, one for audio and one for video, and each zone gets a separate audio output device, your 2-channel for audio and the HDMI for video.
Then you can setup ZoneSwitch to switch the zones for Audio playback and Video playback.

You can read more here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

The wiki is primarily about the windows version, but many things are simply the same in both.

Awesome...

I will test this over the weekend...

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up